Hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Dr_Prepper
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:43 pm

Hello

Post by Dr_Prepper »

I've been interested in preparedness for a long time, well before I knew there was a word for it. I think it started with watching The Day After Tomorrow and wondering how I'd cope if things went sideways.

Since then I've had plenty of real-world reasons to keep at it. COVID was the obvious one, but my work has also given me first-hand experience of emergencies and how quickly ordinary routines can fall apart. I've also travelled widely, including to some fairly remote places, so I've learned a lot about planning for self-reliance where help isn't close.
User avatar
pseudonym
Posts: 5613
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 am
Location: East Midlands

Re: Hello

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

I see what you did there with your Username. Bravo :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:54 pm

Re: Hello

Post by Frnc »

Greetings from Manchester.
Dr_Prepper
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:43 pm

Re: Hello

Post by Dr_Prepper »

pseudonym wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:58 pm I see what you did there with your Username. Bravo :lol:
I was quite please with myself for that! :lol:
Arzosah
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Hello

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! What aspect are you thinking of researching/working on?