That was battery station was cheaper than all the others I shopped about first just shy of £40. Got energiser industrialitsybitsy wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:05 amwhere do you get your batteries Andy? I usually use Battery Station for Duracell/Energiser but if there's somewhere cheaper for the same quality...Yorkshire Andy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:31 pm Added 112 batteries to my on line order
50 AAA
50 AA
And 12x D cells
That should keep us going for a while![]()
What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
-
Yorkshire Andy
- Posts: 10002
- Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong 
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
Ordered some ready mix mortar in a plastic tub, and a spatula. This is easiest way to fill a hole where the old kitchen sink waste pipe went. It was stuffed with a bin bag, but still lets cold air in in winter. I did have expanding foam to use, but nothing came out!
Have set it to go from Amazon to the local post office for collection there. Also ordered E45 wash (for hands) and some bathroom pull cords, so hopefully I can collect everything in one go. If you go to the post office for more than one delivery from Amazon, they only need to scan one bar code, and will give you everything they have. At least that's what happened last time.
Got my front living room ceiling light lowered. Electrician was £40. The paper lantern had metal prong broken, but I got it to stay up with a bit of strong thread, which I think is waxed, so it grips the cable quite well.
Looks like the weather will get cooler in a few days. I'm still using a Tog 1 duvet at the moment! Got a 1.5 ready to transition to.
Been a bit ill (just a cold), but will get out on the bike soon. I just have a cough now, which annoyingly wakes me up in the middle of the night.
Have set it to go from Amazon to the local post office for collection there. Also ordered E45 wash (for hands) and some bathroom pull cords, so hopefully I can collect everything in one go. If you go to the post office for more than one delivery from Amazon, they only need to scan one bar code, and will give you everything they have. At least that's what happened last time.
Got my front living room ceiling light lowered. Electrician was £40. The paper lantern had metal prong broken, but I got it to stay up with a bit of strong thread, which I think is waxed, so it grips the cable quite well.
Looks like the weather will get cooler in a few days. I'm still using a Tog 1 duvet at the moment! Got a 1.5 ready to transition to.
Been a bit ill (just a cold), but will get out on the bike soon. I just have a cough now, which annoyingly wakes me up in the middle of the night.
-
Yorkshire Andy
- Posts: 10002
- Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
Topped up LPG stocks 11.5kg of gas for 24 quid
Beauty of the refillable bottles is I can top them up even if half full to full where as calor or other exchange bottles you'd be loosing the half in the tank when you swap to a new full bottle
The Yellow one is a similar size to the camping Gaz 907 which costs 48 to 50 quid a exchange refill depending on where I could get to.. plus a £60 deposit ... So £110 before you start the yellow bottle cost me £200 but costs £4.50 to fill so 4 refills it's definable paid for itself
Beauty of the refillable bottles is I can top them up even if half full to full where as calor or other exchange bottles you'd be loosing the half in the tank when you swap to a new full bottle
The Yellow one is a similar size to the camping Gaz 907 which costs 48 to 50 quid a exchange refill depending on where I could get to.. plus a £60 deposit ... So £110 before you start the yellow bottle cost me £200 but costs £4.50 to fill so 4 refills it's definable paid for itself
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong 
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
All gas bottles are full, plenty of canisters for bistro stoves, and camping gaz stoves (the old C206).
Local Morrison’s has just had delivery of smokeless coal, cheaper than our coal merchant.
May get another jerrycan for diesel.
Local Morrison’s has just had delivery of smokeless coal, cheaper than our coal merchant.
May get another jerrycan for diesel.
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
Bought some rechargeable table lamps. I use them all the time now but, provided I keep them charged they'll be useful in power cuts. As usual, Mr A laughed at me. He should know by now that I have some good ideas.
Also stocked up on burns dressings following Medusa's experience.
Also stocked up on burns dressings following Medusa's experience.
-
Yorkshire Andy
- Posts: 10002
- Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
I remember those been a quid a cartridge
I did a shot gun approach to cooking got a stove of each type then shtf if I run short what ever might be available gas wise I can make use of it
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong 
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 13
Tried some leg warmers today on ride. Epic fail. Kept sliding down. To pull them up, you have to pull the bottom of your shorts up first, as the leg warmer overlap, but underneath. To make things worse there was a big crowd in the town centre for a run, and I had to get off the bike.
So I've ordered another pair of 3/4 shorts, aka 'knicks', which I can wear with long socks in 10-13° weather. At 8-10°, I can simply wear Ron Hills over bib shorts, but it's a bit warm at 11-13°.
Dug out some waterproof over-mitts I have ready for rides when it's cold and could get wet. Ordinarily they are part of winter but-out gear, but my bike is my bug-out vehicle anyway. They are more for contingency on the bike, ie if it starts pouring down mid ride in cold weather.
Did another water container rotation. Key things to this are 1. Pay attention to detail such as how many Milton and Oasis to use, and 2. Make a note of when you did it. It's easy to lose track. I simply cannot be bothered to do them all at once. I'm already a month behind.
So I've ordered another pair of 3/4 shorts, aka 'knicks', which I can wear with long socks in 10-13° weather. At 8-10°, I can simply wear Ron Hills over bib shorts, but it's a bit warm at 11-13°.
Dug out some waterproof over-mitts I have ready for rides when it's cold and could get wet. Ordinarily they are part of winter but-out gear, but my bike is my bug-out vehicle anyway. They are more for contingency on the bike, ie if it starts pouring down mid ride in cold weather.
Did another water container rotation. Key things to this are 1. Pay attention to detail such as how many Milton and Oasis to use, and 2. Make a note of when you did it. It's easy to lose track. I simply cannot be bothered to do them all at once. I'm already a month behind.