BOL advice

Homes and Retreats
edward.21

BOL advice

Post by edward.21 »

hi
next week i have some time off so i am thinking of thouroughly checking out a few BOL'S any advice? in particular where do you think people will go, to the forests, fields or :?:. should you set up near a lake for easy water but with poor defences or atop a hill for vise versa? any other advice apreciated
Chef

Re: BOL advice

Post by Chef »

Personaly I'm pretty limited as I have no transport, for me it'll be underground (if not defending the hovel) or on a boat out to sea.

If I had woodlands or better still a forest I'd be looking for a cave (love caves nice n warm) near a stream/river or with underground stream/river, on a south facing slope at least 10 mtrs above the normal ground level.

C
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Google Earth is your friend. ;)

Have a scout around on there for an hour or two and see if you can find some good spots for more study. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

edward.21 wrote:hi
next week i have some time off so i am thinking of thouroughly checking out a few BOL'S any advice? in particular where do you think people will go, to the forests, fields or :?:. should you set up near a lake for easy water but with poor defences or atop a hill for vise versa? any other advice apreciated

link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Should give you the best places to go in a localised emergency ;)

If you need to go somewhere further afield Link 4

Never become a refugee, but an evacuee with your own resources is OK for a short while, a week or two tops, after that you will be in deep do-do should you take the "Bug out" option.
archer1958

Post by archer1958 »

by the time of the bug out option we may all be in deep do do :(
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

archer1958 wrote:by the time of the bug out option we may all be in deep do do :(
Exactly, but to have to bug out it would be a pretty horrendous scenario going on. How many droves of people "Bugged out" to the woods or hills even when their houses/shops/flats were being bombed, fire-bombed, rioted against or anything else you might mention at any time over the last 75 years in the UK?
edward.21

Post by edward.21 »

bugging out is a last resort so id definatly be in deep dodo if i was to bug out its just a case of better have and not need and so on.
archer1958

Post by archer1958 »

i would rather risk that option than SIT - STAY - WAIT those are not options for - lots of thought gone into this over last 12 months of prepping TG :)
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

But that would also be the option once you have moved out of what should be your secure zone, when you (not "you") get to a BOL then what are you going to do that is any different?

You will sit, stay and wait and be out of your comfort zone to see what happens next, and if it is a big enough event for you to run for the hills it is probable that you won't be alone and dozens of others will be heading the same way as you, there are only 360 degrees in the evac circle, and a days walk for most will be perhaps 10 miles. If you have left it till the last opportunity those who left first are likely to have created mayhem on their route.
archer1958

Post by archer1958 »

the countryside around me is my comfort zone TG hope i dont leave it til the last minute and i will take my chances i will not stay with the sheeple :)