ice cards and emergency information

Medical and Healthcare
Stasher

Re: ice cards and emergency information

Post by Stasher »

Rob B wrote:thanks for all your views ive already looked into the tags both ebay,amazon do tags with your info on them im just generally getting a view on them I appreciate that your blood type is maybe not that important as you would get o blood type for a transfusion the app is on the phone and yes it is locked i just downloaded it and set it up as a precaution as to what I was going to use ie app,ice card or tags I appreciate all your views on it the app can be wiped if I choose I m just putting the thought out there many thanks
Umm, I think that sometimes it is important? I think.............nope, I'm fairly certain it is very important otherwise why do blood tests prior to operations to find out what it is 8-)

I always have my blood donor card in the car where it is easily seen/accessible. Tbh I just feel better knowing that I have tried to communicate that I have a slightly rarer than usual blood group to whoever cuts me out of my imploding vehicle. Whether or not they pay attention to the card is out of my hands. It just makes me feel a tad more secure
Knowledge is power
Appin

Re: ice cards and emergency information

Post by Appin »

These days having your blood group to hand is virtually pointless. It only takes 2 - 3 minutes to get a type match it is the full cross match that takes time. There have been too many errors with people giving the wrong group that they now always check you each time.

If you need an urgent transfusion O negative blood holds the fort for the less than 30 minutes it takes to do a full modern cross match. It used to take 2 hours with a "rapid" 40 minute job in emergency. Now 30 minutes is the norm. They now require two separate samples arriving at the lab and they have to match.

Appin