diamond lil

Re: New to UK Prepping - Have some experience elsewhere

Post by diamond lil »

Hi from rural peaceful empty Scotland. Well my bit of it anyway :mrgreen:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
SentinelDK

Post by SentinelDK »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 am Hi and welcome from the suburban North West.
You make good points about the viability of going off grid in the Uk. Surely different from SA.
See this video... https://uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 67#p204667

Societal breakdown is a recurring theme. And so is disruption in food and energy supplies. And water.... Water's an odd one. Incredibly reliable here and taken for granted. Anyhow. I look forward to reading your contributions
Don't be shy
Thanks for thank link, I appreciate it!

I do agree that water is not as much of an issue here as it is in other places which is a great relief, simple water catchment options in the yard with a tarp and a bucket of sorts will yield amazing results in a pinch
- He who is best prepared can best serve when the need arises.-
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

SentinelDK wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:18 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 am Hi and welcome from the suburban North West.
You make good points about the viability of going off grid in the Uk. Surely different from SA.
See this video... https://uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 67#p204667

Societal breakdown is a recurring theme. And so is disruption in food and energy supplies. And water.... Water's an odd one. Incredibly reliable here and taken for granted. Anyhow. I look forward to reading your contributions
Don't be shy
Thanks for thank link, I appreciate it!

I do agree that water is not as much of an issue here as it is in other places which is a great relief, simple water catchment options in the yard with a tarp and a bucket of sorts will yield amazing results in a pinch
Tarp is a great way to catch water. Been meaning to get one for ages for that purpose. You just reminded me. I need to get one, just had massive expenses over the last year. But I think I want one I could use as a shelter, reasonably light weight. I do have a lightweight tent in my BOB.