What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:14 am Well in common with a few in here I'm flattened by health probs and not prepping at all :evil: And last payday I spent my pocket money on Dior which is not really a good example of a committed prepper is it... - I'll try harder. Honest. :mrgreen:
Just think of how much rice you could have bought with that :lol: :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:38 am
diamond lil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:14 am Well in common with a few in here I'm flattened by health probs and not prepping at all :evil: And last payday I spent my pocket money on Dior which is not really a good example of a committed prepper is it... - I'll try harder. Honest. :mrgreen:
Just think of how much rice you could have bought with that :lol: :mrgreen:
Aww, Lil 🤗 that's a hug emoji, by the way. To you, jansman, geegee, and everyone else feeling flattened. I'm a bit flat myself right now, the driving lessons (a good prep!) are going fine, but very stressful physically, so I'm very short on sleep, gritty-eyed and feeling sick. Supposed to be a staycation this week, and we had a good start yesterday, a pootle with my brother and sister around the historic centre of the town where she lives. But this morning, my brother's "flattened by health probs", as you say Lil, so I'm at home when I didn't expect to be, and when I might be off to my sister's at an hour's notice. Or not - and I *hate* that uncertainty, I don't cope well with it.

So I've got my living room in order again, I took back some of my stuff from my sister's. I'll certainly have lunch here, I've realised, and what I *could* do is work on the heading tape at the top of my curtain, its been faffing about half done for 10 days now :oops: :roll: :cry: That will be a good prep, helping warmth, security and light discipline at the back of the house. And it can be dropped in a moment if I *do* go over to sister's today :roll:
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Sort of a prep: Decorating and furniture. Spend Spend Spend.

This last month or so has been dedicated to a pretty big house redecorating and it's coming to a crescendo this week. We fell out of rotating our decorating and several rooms came to need doing at the same time, after over a decade. That coincided with the decision to replace the comfy and expensive, but rather worn three piece. It broke my heart to scrap it after what it cost :( Modern furniture is expensive rubbish by comparison. )

So several £thousand lighter, we now have hall stairs and landing, Loo, Diner and Lounge all decorated and new floors and carpets laid or arriving soon in those areas. New carpets and suite arriving this week.

Outside, the fence with next door is being replaced, again at major expense. But with new concrete posts, it will be expected to last.

Next step, possibly hunting a newer car before this one falls to bits.

It's all a prep in as much as it should all hopefully last us a decade and the money spent can no longer be eaten by inflation.

All that's left from £6k worth of leather three piece are two kneeling pads carved from it. LOL.
The pallets that the fence came on will be used towards the new shed that Hubby is commissioned to build.

Waste not, want not.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:38 am Just think of how much rice you could have bought with that :lol: :mrgreen:
I hate rice! :lol: :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Arzosah just go with the flow pet and don't stress xx
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I know you've said before about your love of rice lil :twisted:

Raise your Dior to a bar of soap (won in a hamper on a raffle) and this little beast ...
Screenshot_20230812-145452.png
Hot water on tap regardless what mood the boiler / gas/ electric grid situation is

Next up a few other pipes AG's plumbing bits to switch between hot water and the shower

jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:06 pm Sort of a prep: Decorating and furniture. Spend Spend Spend.

This last month or so has been dedicated to a pretty big house redecorating and it's coming to a crescendo this week. We fell out of rotating our decorating and several rooms came to need doing at the same time, after over a decade. That coincided with the decision to replace the comfy and expensive, but rather worn three piece. It broke my heart to scrap it after what it cost :( Modern furniture is expensive rubbish by comparison. )

So several £thousand lighter, we now have hall stairs and landing, Loo, Diner and Lounge all decorated and new floors and carpets laid or arriving soon in those areas. New carpets and suite arriving this week.

Outside, the fence with next door is being replaced, again at major expense. But with new concrete posts, it will be expected to last.

Next step, possibly hunting a newer car before this one falls to bits.

It's all a prep in as much as it should all hopefully last us a decade and the money spent can no longer be eaten by inflation.

All that's left from £6k worth of leather three piece are two kneeling pads carved from it. LOL.
The pallets that the fence came on will be used towards the new shed that Hubby is commissioned to build.

Waste not, want not.
We are upgrading our home too. As you say,inflation is increasing. So we too are decorating,modifying and securing. We are working that way rather well. I hope you sort yours out the way you want.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:52 pm Arzosah just go with the flow pet and don't stress xx
Thank you honey! I didn't go over there in the end, just had a quiet day at home then went for a short local walk, and we've re-arranged the rest of the time he's down here. I'm convinced he overdoes it, but you can't tell him anything :roll: :twisted: We'll try a pretty short local walk tomorrow, located between our houses. But that plan might not work either. It's a b*ggr getting old! Sudden limitations ...
deckard

Post by deckard »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:56 pm I know you've said before about your love of rice lil :twisted:

Raise your Dior to a bar of soap (won in a hamper on a raffle) and this little beast ...

Hot water on tap regardless what mood the boiler / gas/ electric grid situation is

Next up a few other pipes AG's plumbing bits to switch between hot water and the shower
"WarmieHomy" 😂
Chinglish brand name but I am jealous of that.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

deckard wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:15 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:56 pm I know you've said before about your love of rice lil :twisted:

"WarmieHomy" 😂
Chinglish brand name but I am jealous of that.
Must admit it was a swaying factor as to the one I bought :lol:

Must admit bit might be a luxury but a week or two with no power or hot water ...

Bathing
Washing up
Doing laundry by hand
General cleaning.

It will come in handy

SHTF you really don't want to get Ill or live in unsanitary conditions been able to clean and bathe in hot water is a nice thing to have ..

Now on the lookout for another (ideally second hand )refillable lpg bottle :lol: