What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Nurseandy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Nurseandy »

Winter wheels with snow tyres fitted to car this morning, 18yo son fitted two, I did the other two with 16yo daughters watching on and they'll be driving next year so they get to swap them back in the spring.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:23 pm Winter wheels with snow tyres fitted to car this morning, 18yo son fitted two, I did the other two with 16yo daughters watching on and they'll be driving next year so they get to swap them back in the spring.
That's the way to do it only way they'll learn is to get their hands dirty :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Getting cold and icy, have ordered more salt for the garden paths.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Got some steel rims for the wife's car she's got all seasons but the front 2 are getting low.... By low I mean 4mm.. So Thursday the tyre man is fetching 2 new ones to mount on the spare rims ... The Nexen all seasons won the adac all seasons shootout a few years ago...
Screenshot_20231128-210718.png
Not a full on winter tyre but better than a standard "summer" tyre .. and being in the lowlands of Yorkshire last time we got major snow was in 2010 ....... They still carry the European winter duty mark so acceptable in areas of Europe requiring winter rated rubber...
Screenshot_20231128-211316.png

Then I'll refit the worn ones in the spring to scrub off over the summer :mrgreen:

Just given the rims a scrub up with a wire wheel and a flash over with black paint to tidy them up... And baked them in the shed to dry the paint (diesel heater is great the balanced flue means less chance of any paint fumes causing a fire in the shed ) :lol:

Added snow chains to my car along with aluminium avalanche shovel, Sno broom and a full can of deicer

Wife's got textile chains for her car which are a great bit of kit

If I could get them for my car at the right price I'd put an order in now :lol: edit: found some :lol: :lol: :lol:

Screenshot_20231128-211628.png

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

My fire extinguisher arrived, yay.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Very impressed by the spec of that water mist one. Mine is due to arrive today.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Look what I did I gave you the kick up the bum you needed to get one :lol: :lol:

diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Andy yer a very dangerous man! *enabler*
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:45 pm Andy yer a very dangerous man! *enabler*
So true :lol:
The other things that arrived were 10 x FFP2 masks and 10 x FFP3 masks, plus a couple of books about sewing. I've got lots of books about niche sewing, from quilting to Greenlandic furs, but a bog standard book about how to cope with a sewing machine and what to use when, in relation to material, thread, type of seam and all the rest of it - nothing, nada. My mother was a brilliant sewer, but a terrible teacher (in spite of being a teacher :lol: ) and I was very badly behaved in sewing class when I was 12, I got kicked out :mrgreen: so everything is new to me, except what I've picked up from Sewing Bee.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I got flung out of sewing class too Arzosah. And cookery too. Both for being utterly clueless.
Oh and the Brownies, for fighting :twisted: :mrgreen: