What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
pebblemonkey

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by pebblemonkey »

completed free peadiatric critical response first aid course and an emergency first aid work course this week, and because I'm volunteering and helping out at my lads rugby and swimming clubs, I've managed to swing a free first aid at work course in april.
hobo

Post by hobo »

This week, I bought lots of tins of cheap (and delic!) veggie curries from Aldi, BBE 2015; fixed up a water butt in the back yard; installed security light out back, assembled n filled a big outdoors storage unit with logs; and watered the allotment too many blinkin times!
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote:Jansman I hope the carpet cleaned up :shock: Our sweep comes monday and I'm panicking about our new carpet already! I'm upping the food stash a wee bit just in case the petrol strike causes hassle. Still too early to start the garden but I got all the seeds sorted and might start some on window sills. Hens back on full time laying and we have too many eggs again :mrgreen:
Aa good luck has it,my Brother is a Car Valeter. Last week he cleaned a sweep's van for resale. He made it sparkle! He sorted it in 1/2 hour. He has more chemicals than Boots!

Worth 5 rounds in the Boozer I think!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
the_flying_emu

Post by the_flying_emu »

Apart from picking up some dried noodles and hotdogs for the store whilst on weekly shop,and ordering a Coldsteel Bushman - (I a sucker for knives!!)- me an two prep mates are going for a wee drive to check out another possible Bug-out-location in some South Wales woods today.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

a Coldsteel Bushman
Which one have you gone for?

I got myself one a few years back.
bushman.jpg
bushman.jpg (52.92 KiB) Viewed 773 times
But then again I have a few knives for different things. :oops:
Chef

Post by Chef »

:shock:
Last edited by Chef on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

One of the few hollow handled knives worth buying, good survival knife as it can have a shaft added to use it at a distance. It's a bit like a coal shovel handle, only thicker.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Just bagged a load of large plant pots off freecycle. :mrgreen:
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

the_flying_emu wrote:and ordering a Coldsteel Bushman -
What the best price you found and where :?:
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Been adding extra boards to the raised beds to give an extra 125mm depth to the beds, and have popped in a few spuds ready for another good crop this year.

Built a stand for the two 100gal water cisterns I re-claimed last year, so another 200 gal of water storage available for the long hot summer.

Next weekend will be able to do a bit more hopefully, just hope the snow stays away.