What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Chef

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Chef »

:shock:
Last edited by Chef on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Yep, they have been talking snow on the weather forcasts.

I used to have an old polaroid photo of snow in the garden on a Good Friday, I think I was about 14 at the time, so absolutely eons ago :lol:
Arakis

Post by Arakis »

3 days non stop dehydrating vegetables . Today have bought an old manual drill on Sunday market for £1, and for £2 a binocular 8x21, dont know, has very proper metal build, but dont know that brand "Ranger" , may be something cheap))
Attachments
IMAG0279a.jpg
IMAG0279a.jpg (228.2 KiB) Viewed 969 times
IMAG0281a.jpg
IMAG0281a.jpg (235.21 KiB) Viewed 969 times
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Well since the OH and daughter are away all week I'm going to take an inventory of our food stocks as it has been depleted recently.Going to list what I need food/water/fuel/medical and start keeping track of things better,hopefully this will be easier once the builders move out :(

I have got a pile of Mylar bags and some sealed buckets so I will try and get some stuff vacuum packed,currently got about 40kg of rice to seal up.

:)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

bought some more canning jar lids
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
gloomsday

Post by gloomsday »

Picked up a few odds and ends during the weekly shop:

Some passata (find it easier to stack than cans)
Milk powder
bottled water
tampons
vitamins

Also tried to get some sanitary towels for the other Mrs Gloomsday and accidentally bought Asda's own tena lady instead! To make matters worse someone I knew was behind me in the queue, when I got home an realised what I'd done I laughed so hard I almost had a use for the things... :lol:
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Was at Makro for work yesterday and picked 40 toilet roll and two 1ltr bottles of citronella oil for my oil lamps. :D
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Been decluttering again and have got rid of some electrical kitchen items that just gather dust, some on freecycle, some on eBay. I'm trying to simplify what I use and how I cook.

Was given a pizza stone - brilliant as I make my own pizza base so they'll taste even better.

OH has now agreed to tackle our debt big time so that is a huge step forward.

Been spring cleaning too. That's what's great about the school holidays I can get big jobs done! :D
ro2935

Post by ro2935 »

gadgetguy wrote:Was at Makro for work yesterday and picked 40 toilet roll and two 1ltr bottles of citronella oil for my oil lamps. :D
Citronella oil is toxic and should only be used outdoors, it makes a great bug deterant when burning though.