What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
gadgetguy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by gadgetguy »

Thanks for the link Chef,according to it Citronella oil doesn't pose a risk to humans or animals!! I have used it in my lamps but only outdoors so far but thought I could use them indoors if needed?

Anyone know any more about this?? :|
Chef

Post by Chef »

Citronella Oil is NOT toxic to humans, animals or even bugs mate, it doesn't kill em they just don't like it. It's safe to use indoors, in some instances it 'may' aggravate lung or asthma conditions but that's normally the tiny particles of soot from candles or wicks not the oil itself, citronella is used in lots of candles as a bug repellent, if the most paranoid government on the planet hasn't even bothered to regulate it, I'd say 'imho' that it's as safe as burning any other oil lamp indoors.

K
Last edited by Chef on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Cheers Chef that's what I got from your link was just beginning to worry :oops:

At least when the lights go out it will smell nice in my house :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Just ordered a load of seeds - got some weird and wonderful varieties and can't wait to get planting next weekend. Who knew there was such a thing as a lemon cucumber?!?
TwoDo

Post by TwoDo »

Planted eight blackcurrants. Part of my ongoing campaign to lay in a supply of perennial fruit+berries.

Also filled a large number of plastic seed trays with potting soil. Will probably plant them tomorrow.
KalPrep

Post by KalPrep »

Did some more planting, got some raspberries in. Also did my weekly shop at Aldi and they have camping gear in so picked up a nice Hexi stove and some extra fuel along with some bits and bobs.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Went out today and looked at a potential plan D bug out location, also been doing my weekly prepping shop water a couple of tins etc..
moocher

Post by moocher »

managed to get some guttering from a local skip so thats fixed to back fence ready to be filled an planted with salad leave seeds,
2 planters given from next door screwed to shed wall and lined ready to be filled an planted with possibly cherry toms,
trip to garden center got some veg plants runner beans & peas as been late planting seed this year
6 strawberry plants in planters on back fence as well :)
2 dead herbs removed from herb wheel and replaced.
runner beans and courgettes were planted and just sprouting on kitchen sill
cherry toms and chilli seeds planted
.trip to hereford asda tonite
3 kg rice
4 kg porridge oats
3 packs of sharwoods fine egg noodles
tins of hotdog sausages,chopped tomatoes,
beans baked,butter,kidney
2 large allisons bread flour
2 plain flour
2 packs of yeast sachets
mixed fruit etc
our kitchen is rammed and wife is confident we have a good base of supplies for if lorry blockades affect shop supplies,
we are considering home education
and the rationing thread on one day aweek home baking and altering the kids diet has given me inspiration on home economics lessons scones etc,
we try and insure our kids can cook a decent filling meal so that when they fly the nest they can provide for theirselves and not live on takeaway and pringles :lol:
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

moocher wrote: .trip to hereford asda tonite
I have had some great prepping adventures there, as a matter of fact it was were I began prepping
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Huntsman wrote:
moocher wrote: .trip to hereford asda tonite
I have had some great prepping adventures there, as a matter of fact it was were I began prepping
Oh yes you need full survival gear when visiting any Asda! :lol: