What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
preppingsu

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by preppingsu »

TwoDo wrote:Bought a 1930's hand cranked Singer table top sewing machine. Clearly it has seen a bit of use in its day (judging by the wear marks in the enamel) but the mechanics seem solid and the lady selling it showed me it working, how to thread it (which is not obvious) and also how to use the bobbin winder etc. Lovely bit of kit, still with case and newly reconditioned by a guy who does it for a living.

Pretty reasonable price too.... £30. Seems a useful thing to have around. Now to lay in a supply of needles and thread.
Wow, great find and for £30!!!!!!! The ones I see are far too expensive.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I've got one I want rid of - I put it on Gumtree for £25 and nobody answered. But mine has the electric motor as well, its a 1957 model. I will try it again.
moocher

Post by moocher »

seen a lovely one with cabinet on ebay local bargin finder last week was going cheap too.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Actually if anybody is within reach of Hawick/Edinburgh area then I'm happy to meet them and give them this one.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

diamond lil wrote:Actually if anybody is within reach of Hawick/Edinburgh area then I'm happy to meet them and give them this one.
oh Lil, I wish I was nearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never mind, I'm sure someone will want it. Have you tried Ebay, with a collection only?
jansman

Post by jansman »

Just finished putting out first lettuces,and a climbing pea-"Champion Of England" from real seeds. Vigourous germination,promises up to 10ft tall. Ideal vertical garden variety.
Also got the feeders ready for the new poultry on Wednesday. Also put down rat/mouse baitpoints. Experience has taught me that the vermin will be there before the Fowls are!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

May not be considered a prep for a lot of you but after spraining my left wrist a week ago have started strength training holding a rifle steady again. Irritates me I spent ages getting my wrist strong enough to hold the rifle steady. Not that I'm weak but when hunting/target shooting I sometimes have to support a 7 pound rifle perfectly still for upto 20 minuets.... :?
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Huntsman wrote:May not be considered a prep for a lot of you but after spraining my left wrist a week ago have started strength training holding a rifle steady again. Irritates me I spent ages getting my wrist strong enough to hold the rifle steady. Not that I'm weak but when hunting/target shooting I sometimes have to support a 7 pound rifle perfectly still for upto 20 minuets.... :?
There is more reasons to buy therabands than just catapults :)
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
hobo

Post by hobo »

Ordered 3 x 12 rugosa rose plants which will form a prickly hedge along one side of my allotment and supply me with rosehips!
http://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/red-rugos ... p-388.html
hobo

Post by hobo »

Picked up this lantern for a fiver secondhand today:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Endurance- ... B000PBVQIE