What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
edward.21

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by edward.21 »

TwoDo wrote:
edward.21 wrote:she is rather isn't she. that makes 3 collies two boys and a girl the idea being that if tshtf i could breed them and the keep one with the chickens one with the goats one with the rabbits and the rest with the patrols. feeding them is not an issue as we have more than enough greens to feed all the rabbits they could want.
Sorry to rain on your parade but, honestly, I do not see how a third dog is in any way a "prep". Probably the reverse - what you have acquired is an emotional obligation the object of which will be unlikely to pay its way in hard times. For example, every rabbit you feed it post SHTF is a rabbit you, and your family, do not get to eat.

OK, it is undeniably cute, and I like dogs as much as the next person, but looking at it dispassionately a third dog is no where near as valuable for prepping purposes as the first dog.
We are fortunate with where we are and what we have got. I am confident that we will and do have the ressourses to look after another dog (I would not have done it otherwise) and everyone at our retreat and she will more than pay her way
It is a good point but in our case she is and will be worth it.
dibley

Post by dibley »

Have just had a kelly kettle delivered. it runs of scraps from the garden and boils in minutes. strangely effective. lots of fun for the kids and a useful back up to remain calm and make tea
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Another online shop of dried goods, and a clearout of kitchen cupboards leaves me with another cupboard ready to fill next week. Getting a 47kg gas cyl next week.
Haplo2481

Post by Haplo2481 »

just given the sainsbury delivery driver a hernia! got loads of value tinned spuds and veg and a load of half price frozen stuff delivered. Got 20% off as well due to a voucher. :D
Too many bunnies, not enough pandas.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Cut some trees down for firewood, hopefully the applewood will season beauutifully, spent friday afternoon in A&E with a dislocated Sholder, met a doctor I used to know and he gave me an "extra" box of antibiotics :mrgreen:
wolfpup

Post by wolfpup »

This may be a 'bit off the wall' as far as preps go - but for me it is a natural progression on my prepping. I have today contacted Robin Hartford (EatWeeds) to ask if he does any foraging courses in Lancashire for wild food and medicinal plants - at present the nearest is York - and the majority of his stuff is based in the far south.

Depending on his reply - would anyone else be interested? If so I will start a new thread.
hobo

Post by hobo »

WP, there are courses in Burnley. See http://www.permaculture.org.uk/educatio ... 2012-08-19

I can't make this one due to a previous engagement involving Lego :geek: but I'd be interested in other opps.

Hobo
wolfpup

Post by wolfpup »

Hobo - have I told you lately that I love you????? :lol:
wolfpup

Post by wolfpup »

There's one today (missed it!) but is another one on the 19th August evidently.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Finished putting together my mobile comm's pack