What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
tigs

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by tigs »

triffid wrote:Tigs

Bit of info re shipping containers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3EAJex1RVo
thanks for that , its a little bit more luxerious than i was planning !! i was planning just to dig a hole and bury it lol , anyway got my 20ft container for only £800 delivered ,a real bargin he throw in loads of scaffolding bars and construction quality plastic, i think just to get rid of me lol , now just got to think where to put it and what type of drainage to use !
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Moony

Post by Moony »

tigs wrote: i was planning just to dig a hole and bury it lol , anyway got my 20ft container for only £800 delivered ,a real bargin he throw in loads of scaffolding bars and construction quality plastic, i think just to get rid of me lol , now just got to think where to put it and what type of drainage to use !
Updates and piccies on this project would be nice if you could manage it, I'd be interested to see how you get on :)
I'm in Area 7 !
tigs

Post by tigs »

see what i can do
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

First prep is to have made it back from the Olympics in West London alive. Which is good. I took my A-Z, and walked from Earls Court to Clapham Junction, but really miscalculated the distance - it was almost an hour, at a fair pace. I couldn't have faced the tube, after all afternoon in a hot, stuffy, *loud* environment, but next time I'll just hang out in a cafe till the tube's ready, pace the hardline preppers on here. Waiting it out is also a time-honoured reaction to events, after all!

One thing I did this morning is realise I have a space next to the cooker that I haven't been using - so all my 72 hour no-cook tinned preps are now stashed there, with a list on the inside of the door and a review date. Good to have them all in one place.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

Hey all!

Today is garden focused. Winter potatoes in cardboard boxes, compost bags and big tubs - basically any decent sized container that I can get my hands on and not get stung for those grow bag things! I've got 15 tubers into the greenhouse so far with another 15 to go.

oh - and since potatoes don't need the best of compost they're planted in old compost reclaimed from used tubs mixed with used tea bags, shredded cardboard etc. this is topped up with posh "bought" compost and then I'll earth them up with a mix of shredded paper, grass clippings and some more posh compost as we go along.
mrboom

Post by mrboom »

My family wisely invested in a Border Collie this week. We are starting his training straight away. He is only 10 weeks old. Rare eyes. 1 Blue, 1 Green. So we called him Bowie after David Bowie. (After the eyes of course). He is a Pedigree and has all the papers. Lovely Dog. Il post a picture later. :-)
-----------
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill.
-----------
Mr Boom.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh I love border collies - used to have one called Shep (lol) and he was the most intelligent amazing dog ever.
mrboom

Post by mrboom »

They are really intelligent. This is Treacle (Border Terrier) and the new addition. Our Border Collie, Bowie.
:-)
-----------
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill.
-----------
Mr Boom.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:D :D :D

Lurvely. Thank you for the piccies, they're very beautiful ...
mrboom

Post by mrboom »

Arzosah wrote::D :D :D

Lurvely. Thank you for the piccies, they're very beautiful ...
Thankyou. He is still a pup at the moment but his paws are quite big. He has lots of growing to do... lol.
He's gonna be a working dog. Eventually... :D :D
-----------
-----------
Mr Boom.