How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Arzosah »

At ten weeks of age, I think tummy tickles are more in order :D
Slimslim

Post by Slimslim »

Not so much a prep item but moving out of my Dad's home to a flat with my Girlfriend of four years! :D

I've already sectioned off half of the spare bedroom for storing my preps and I'm planning to use some of the balcony to grow some veg.

Any ideas would be welcome!
mrboom

Post by mrboom »

Arzosah wrote:At ten weeks of age, I think tummy tickles are more in order :D
Tummy tickles. lol. Its good to have a dog that plays. My other dog just lays in front of the fire all day and sleeps. Getting her to fetch a ball is a chore. She just looks at me when I throw it as if to say "I'm not fetching that... you go and get it" lol. My Collie seems quite playful. He loves tug of war at the moment. :-)
-----------
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill.
-----------
Mr Boom.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Slimslim wrote:Not so much a prep item but moving out of my Dad's home to a flat with my Girlfriend of four years! :D

I've already sectioned off half of the spare bedroom for storing my preps and I'm planning to use some of the balcony to grow some veg.

Any ideas would be welcome!
Obviously pots but they do take up space. You can grow almost everything in pots as long as you feed/water regularly.
You could also consider vertical growing
http://www.gardenbeet.com/vertical-garden.html

This utilises small spaces better.
Good luck with it all- can I assume your GF is on board with prepping?
Slimslim

Post by Slimslim »

Well theres a hanging basket which I'm going to use for a tomato plant then I think that I'll stick a rectangular pot against one of the side-railings and fill it with some greens (spinach etc..) and possibly stick a smaller pot somewhere for a few herbs....

Erm GF is a prepper at heart, sometimes she'll join in and the rest of the time she puts up with it :D
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Slimslim wrote:Well theres a hanging basket which I'm going to use for a tomato plant then I think that I'll stick a rectangular pot against one of the side-railings and fill it with some greens (spinach etc..) and possibly stick a smaller pot somewhere for a few herbs....

Erm GF is a prepper at heart, sometimes she'll join in and the rest of the time she puts up with it :D
These are great for hanging baskets
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetabl ... -red/515TM
unsure

Post by unsure »

just spent the weekend basicly counting and checking and updateing the list of stores we have and identifying any short falls we have .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

'bought a years worth of breakfast cereal .... if the SHTF we'll be just grrrrreatttt!

(sorry)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:lol: :lol: :lol: makes my porridge oats sound really boring :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

mrboom wrote:Image

They are really intelligent. This is Treacle (Border Terrier) and the new addition. Our Border Collie, Bowie.
:-)
How lovely. :D