What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Spurs

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Spurs »

4 Avon S10 Gas Masks & 6 NEW NBC filter canisters (NATO 40mm)
bic1

Post by bic1 »

Jansman,
Have been were you are four times in my working life"not nice" this my help, don't do things in anger, think with a clear head,be very pragmatic as principals don't put food on the table or pay off mortgages.I hope things work out for you
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Got some lined curtains off freecycle. Have now taken off the linings and sewn them onto my curtains; an extra insulation layer and provides thickness to stop the light shining out.

Having ANOTHER clear out (where does all the stuff come from :shock: ) so am making a little extra money and making more space for preps.
jansman

Post by jansman »

bic1 wrote:Jansman,
Have been were you are four times in my working life"not nice" this my help, don't do things in anger, think with a clear head,be very pragmatic as principals don't put food on the table or pay off mortgages.I hope things work out for you
Thanks, that is good advice. I have( thankfully) an exit- strategy. Jan and I " knew" this might happen. Being preppers, we have food, fuel( literally this afternoon been given a LOAD of firewood on top of the stack We have), news in our trade spreads like an internet virus, and I am being offered odd days of work here and there. Summat WILL turn up!
In the meantime, when the job ends I will take a month off, as I have not had more than three days off at a time in two years, and I have consulted my union and they are looking into a claim for constructive dismissal- it is worth a LOT of cash.

I have calmed down since the original post, I won't die!
But thank heavens we are preppers!!!!!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Anyhow, in the morning I am cleaning out fowls, stacking firewood and processing runner beans- boy have we done well there!

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: right !
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

OH went mackerel bashing last week - 52 fish in a day..... so off tomorrow to follow up with further stocks.

FINALLY got a courgette from the allotment.. (they don't like wet feet and the plot's been flooded for most of the summer).

I'll get the tatties lifted this week - 'hopefully they'll be ok after the monsoons.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Ferricks wrote:OH went mackerel bashing last week - 52 fish in a day..... so off tomorrow to follow up with further stocks.

FINALLY got a courgette from the allotment.. (they don't like wet feet and the plot's been flooded for most of the summer).

I'll get the tatties lifted this week - 'hopefully they'll be ok after the monsoons.
Mackerel bashing is good fun!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

- researched solar chargers for an e-reader, kindle type thing - much more complicated than I imagined :(
- bought a headset for skype calls, to be used for as many counselling clients as will accept it, in time of pandemic.
- bought some anti-diahrrea (sp!!!) tabs and cough sweets from Boots.
- I've been working out routes to get home if TSHTF while I'm away in various local towns , and its gone well, but I'm going to start on alternates too. I found lots of leaflets on walks today, and I took the ones that related to villages that I'd have to get through, on the various routes.
- picked about 2kg of apples from the abandoned orchard at the edge of my local little nature reserve - about to stew them tomorrow.
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

I'm on a roll - made 8 jars of cherry jam!