What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by jansman »

Since being home this week,I have done a few repairs,sorted the birds ,sorted firewood etc etc. nothing major. Just got to tidy the benches in the workshop- for my ease of mind really. Got rid of stuff too. Emptied old work clothes,kit,unused,paperwork etc. You all know. Today I shall run through paperwork like pensions,insurance and the like ,for just in case the situation goes the wrong way! In my head I know that Jan is covered then. I have an old fashioned list of such stuff in the safe,and I just have to update stuff briefly- thankfully.

Interesting prepping in this situation TBH. We have gone from general storage,stocking and plodding along, watching the news and worrying about ‘what’ may happen,indeed. Now once again, one of us is poorly and the REAL emergency is to be dealt with. I gave a load of books away yesterday to one of the lads ,you know,SAS ,outdoor survival,along with a car emergency kit and so forth. I have enough stuff on the shelves anyway!

We have two storage areas for food. A big and old fashioned pantry in the kitchen,and it stores enough! The outhouse was developed when the girls lived here ,along with the freezers. So we will gently run that down IF income becomes a REAL issue. Mind you,on the shelves out there I also store spare stoves ,animal feed etc, so all now organised. ;)

Another cup of tea now… :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

GillyBee wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:45 am Which honey do you use? I want to make some more mead sometime but got put off years ago by the eucalyptus flavoured one I made with cheap honey that obviously came from Oz.
I honestly can’t remember. It’s the first time I’ve made it so I will let you know how it turns out!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Done a few little tasks over the weekend I've emptied and refilled my 2x25l drinking water barrels ,

Had a bit of a deep clean / repair of the cooker / oven (glass oven door front had become detached on 2 corners ) the cleaning using a dishwasher tablet and a drop or 3 of water on the glass works wonders :shock:

Washed the cars got most of the salt and muck off them with a hot water rinse of the arches and sills

Organised a tyre fitter to fit the wife's new all season tyres, on Tuesday coming

Put the summer fans away in the loft at the same time as sorting out the Christmas decorations

Finally leveled the washing machine so it doesn't sound like a bag of loose bolts been thrown about

Carried out an emergency repair of the cars screenwash system just off the m180 when it packed up this morning due to sludge will do a full strip and clean one lunch time at work this week but it's working for now

Filled the beer fridge ready for next week :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well we have had to go out today to the doctors and well collect medication and so on and while out i said sod it lets have a quick looking in sainsburys now i know i coudl have waited and hoped to get bigger discounts but i love a bit of salmon and well the price tags were tempting lol

I am going to be making roast chicken and then strip the carcass then make chciken stock come broth , i have a chicken corn feed free range crown to try and loads of salmon cut and vacuum sealed for micro in the bag or boil the the bag .

I know jen farmfoods have chcikens on specail but the salmon omg i love fish the wife says i am part dolphin lol
Oh ps i got 6 of the salmon and they still had loads left and there was even more other large salmopn sides i bet will be cheap by 8 pm but hey i am happy .
DSCF2569.JPG
DSCF2570.JPG
jansman

Post by jansman »

Awaiting hospital treatment,and the drugs actually make me feel better than I have done in two months . SO… this week I have been gently tidying our huge back yard/ garden. What a difference! Sorted valuable firewood ( for next year) and moved coal into normal space. That’s tidied the space up. Sorted the weather cover over the poultry water and feed. Tidied the benches in the workshop,and charged tools. Little things that count. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Godsake JM I dont think you should be hefting coal aboot! stoppit :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:00 am Godsake JM I dont think you should be hefting coal aboot! stoppit :mrgreen:
Apart from getting my head sorted,and taking tablets of course, a bit of work is important. Not being daft,or bending and lifting either. Having time to tidy up,be steady,get a cup of tea ,not stress out is unbelievable Lil. I cannot tell you how much.

Today I shall put together a cat thingy place where they scratch and lie in the front room. Couple of bench jobs, TEA :lol: , and ZERO stress.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:11 am
diamond lil wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:00 am Godsake JM I dont think you should be hefting coal aboot! stoppit :mrgreen:
Apart from getting my head sorted,and taking tablets of course, a bit of work is important. Not being daft,or bending and lifting either. Having time to tidy up,be steady,get a cup of tea ,not stress out is unbelievable Lil. I cannot tell you how much.

Today I shall put together a cat thingy place where they scratch and lie in the front room. Couple of bench jobs, TEA :lol: , and ZERO stress.

The cats will have more fun with the box and Christmas tree :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jansman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:11 am

I fully agree jans mate keep busy just little job no going made , i could tell you first hand the first 6 months after my accident when the docs told me no work , friends said i must be loving it and ypu me the dog sat in the garden doing nothing was great after 6 monthsi was climbing the walls and well after 2 years i told the doctors i was getting the allotment i would walk there daily and do little nothing big just cover and so on but you do need to keep the brain busy , if you don't it can creep up with silly thought just go easy mate and listen to the body if it says stop for the day you stop and write down what you need to do the next day , but you are in control of the body but listen to it sorry to maon at you mate i was the same worked 365 days a year then to be told no well it is hard .

Now to the big news of the day prepping wise we are now fully stocked for christmas locking the doors and saying good bye until the new year lol , well unless we get a call to go to hospital but if not yaaaaaaaaaaaaa quiet rest time sit and fill the belly lol which in my case will be 1 sausage roll lol but hey i got it in , i will cook enough for 6 lol for me and the mrs then no cooking just live on the colds lol
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
ABADCAT.jpg