Winter car kit

Logistics and Transport
Arzosah

Re: Winter car kit

Post by Arzosah »

I have a 1" spyderco "knife" on the key ring I took to a tourist site in London last week, and it went through an X ray machine and everything, and no one saw it :lol:
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:07 pm I have a 1" spyderco "knife" on the key ring I took to a tourist site in London last week, and it went through an X ray machine and everything, and no one saw it :lol:
Reminds me of the time mr GG got dragged out of the x ray part of Leeds Bradford Airport police surrounded for carrying a knife rest of the airport watching us :D
Was one of those small credit card types with a rough jagged edge still in his wallet.. he was a builder used it for plastering round light switches
After a lengthy discussion he had to sign a form to cease and assist and they are using it for training purposes
Just made the plane after texting friends abroad hed been arrested for carrying a knife ( crocodile Dundee he wasn't)
Upside of it we got seats to ourselves as noone came near :x
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:05 am
Arzosah wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:07 pm I have a 1" spyderco "knife" on the key ring I took to a tourist site in London last week, and it went through an X ray machine and everything, and no one saw it :lol:
Reminds me of the time mr GG got dragged out of the x ray part of Leeds Bradford Airport police surrounded for carrying a knife rest of the airport watching us :D
Was one of those small credit card types with a rough jagged edge still in his wallet.. he was a builder used it for plastering round light switches
After a lengthy discussion he had to sign a form to cease and assist and they are using it for training purposes
Just made the plane after texting friends abroad hed been arrested for carrying a knife ( crocodile Dundee he wasn't)
Upside of it we got seats to ourselves as noone came near :x

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's the wife's car better prepared for winter now after the flat tyre the other day puncture was not fixable.. so the piggy bank got raided my mate got me 2 winter tyres at a bloody good price

Screenshot_20241011-181705.png
The back tyres are getting low 4mm-3 mm ISH so next pay day itll get 2x more thay way itll be as ready for winter as it can be...
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

First time using a bus in over 20 years today, showed me how reliant on cars some could get. :?
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

pseudonym wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:38 pm First time using a bus in over 20 years today, showed me how reliant on cars some could get. :?
Lucky to gets bus here.. 20 minutes drive to work or a 4 HR bus ride with 3 changes 😂
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

I've learnt the local bus routes and am fortunate in living fairly close to a bus stop. Travelling by bus can be very limiting, especially for commuting. On the other hand, I often take a bus to the countryside and walk home. There's also an occasional service that takes me to a local supermarket and back. There's a service to the closest city as well, but the stop is 1/2 mile away. I don't have to drive in traffic or pay parking fees. Buses can be very useful, and in some cases using them avoids having to drive myself. With a free pass, this saves a bit of money (assuming we don't lose the passes at the next budget). Buses are relatively inexpensive if you do have to pay, and are easy to use. Also, I won't be able to drive forever!

Although I never use the "last bus of the day", I like to take an EDC at least in case a bus doesn't arrive for the return journey. What kit to take when doing short to medium journeys on public transport may not have been considered. Getting stuck in a snowstorm wouldn't be good.