What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by Deeps »

We buy it in bulk from zooplus, I like to keep at least one 12kg bag in the garage, loads of cows lugs etc for the dugs and the bags of cat biscuits last forever so we usually have at least a bag worth which would keep him going for God knows how long, he's a prolific killer anyway so unlikely to starve. :lol: We're down to the one cat now too (one disappeared about Christmas time) so we've still got 2 cats worth of scran effectively.

The beasties are very much part of our prepping, I just use the oldest food first for them.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Ordered 5x 1KG bags of Einkorn flour from Amazon. Can't wait for it to arrive, I've missed having bread for too long!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well, not so much preps we are doing , as using. My Daughter's gas boiler was condemned yesterday. She has a fantastic landlord, and the boiler will be replaced by Tuesday.However, she needs to keep warm. In steps Mum and Dad! One electric fan heater and an electric oil filled radiator.Boom! job done!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Cutting up scrap from the pile to cash in , got about 250kg if batteries , 500kg of mixed steel and 50 of copper . And getting cylinders off hire as new job provides oxy acetylene for us .
Bonus .
J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

poppypiesdad wrote:Cutting up scrap from the pile to cash in , got about 250kg if batteries , 500kg of mixed steel and 50 of copper . And getting cylinders off hire as new job provides oxy acetylene for us .
Bonus .
J
Mixed steel is only about 35 quid per tonne atm

:(
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

£35 a ton or not , it's getting weighed in and any more is a bonus.
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today I have been mostly ... Brewing beer. 10 gallons of lager ( for ladies of the house) and 20 gallons of bitter for me and my brother. I haven't done any brewing since November and stocks are at a critically low level - only enough in store for another 8 weeks! Terrible situation.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

A visit to one of the cheapy shops for a 'chuckit' for the dogs to replace a half eaten one also resulted in another 4 pack of of butane for the cheap camping stoves for 4 quid. Best of all there was no rolling of eyes and tutting. She was even mildly curious in the tin of 'breakfast' that I picked up to sample. I'm worried that my wife has been swapped by aliens. :o
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Just getting prepared to be washed/blown away at the mo with all this rain and wind. :lol: Typically both the water butts are full and the ground is saturated, just wait till we need it, they will be empty..
Up in the wet South Lakeland
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I've been thinking about making some "hard tack" biscuits, they will keep for years if kept dry (I'm told) I was going to do it this evening but now I've got to go and pick up someone so I'm stuffed.