Keyring EDC

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
pitchshifter

Re: Keyring EDC

Post by pitchshifter »

Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on my keyring EDC. I'm not too sure how to upload a picture. I don't usually use photo sharing sites and can't remember my Photobucket log in so I signed up to a Flickr and I think I can link it so I'll try that here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134190825 ... res/M3123E

I also wanted to explain what everything is:

1. Karabiner with attached button compass.
2. Face shield (used for giving CPR).
3. True Utility telescopic pen and stylus.
4. Metal heart keyring (my husband gave me this :oops: ).
5. True Utility cash stash containing £20 note.
6. 140db personal alarm with inbuilt LED torch.
7. Victorinox classic SAK.
8. Door fob.
9. True Utility key tool.
10. House key.
11. Car key with attached mystery key!

Almost everything is on a split ring which makes it easy to move them all around and take things off the karabiner if required e.g. to remove the SAK when flying, or to take off just the car key. It looks quite bulky but easily fits into my coat pocket or can be thrown in my handbag. Overall I think I'm pretty happy with it :) .
Aftershock

Post by Aftershock »

Hi Ya,

I carry a multitool on my belt, keyring: small touch, whistle, fire stash, a mini multitool, copy of car, house and work keys (carry car and house keys separate, and ) and daughter going to buy me a cash stash for my birthday. On a personal note, I do like True Utility.

I have a wallet on a chain, inside, 2 feet of duck tape around some cardboard with a small scalpel inside, selection of safety pins, sowing kit, tin foil, whistle.

Also have a shoulder bag if I'm going out of town, same as above, but with a few more items.

Seems its down to personal choice, but make sure you have the basics I would suggest.

I think it is an interesting area and seeing what other people carry can give you a few ideas.

Thanks for the topic.

Chris
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I'm glad you've lost the cat, PS.