What do people prep for

How are you preparing
seboss

Re: What do people prep for

Post by seboss »

By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.

Nobody knows what the future will bring for us, maybe we will never need to use the resources we have collected for the event in which we would need them, but im glad i do have them there. Self reliance and self sustainability are very empowering things when you begin to learn how to master them. If correct preparation was in place for disasters of the past then they wouldnt be disasters, as they would have been overcome with prior planning, which in a round about sense cements the fact that you just never know whats coming, which, ultimately, answers the original question of why we prep.

It isnt the money in your pocket that will aid your survival, it is the resources that the money can buy, so buy them!

am i drifting off topic here? im just throwing out thoughts :D
Teapot

Post by Teapot »

Bladerunner wrote:That is a great link Ian, I shall be printing that out and keeping by the front door. (Along with my appointment questionaire for people I don't like.)
I'm intrigued by your "appointment questionnaire" - what's that all about?
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

bulldogeagle wrote:yep, Lidl 4ply is our fav toilet roll, you get 10 rolls in a pack for £4+, we stock 3 packs at a time, lasts us about 3 months!
The Lidl Bog Roll I saw mentioned on the other thread said it was something like £1.39 for 12 rolls not £4 for 10 rolls. Could someone please confirm which it is please because at £1.39 for 12 rolls I am buying up all they have if it is as goos as others say.

As for Rest Centres, they would be my last resort, when I am starving and hypathermic. 5 years after Katrina, 20,000 people were still homeless and living in Houston. OK, so they lived in a city, below sea level, near the coast, and in a hurricane prone area but there is nothing to say freak weather couldn't happen anywhere on the planet.

If the volcano on La Palma in the Canary islands went up, the resulting tidal wave would not only devastate the entire Eastern seaboard of the US but would also hit the UK with the South West taking the brunt. And it is not a case of if, it is a case of when.

The same goes for Yellowstone National Park which is a Super Volcano (Americans aren't happy with your normal run of the mill volcanoes). When that goes up the whole world will be effected by the dust cloud. Growing crops will be a thing of the past and you will only have what you have stockpiled as we head into the next ice age.

Cheery soul aren't I. :P

Head to hills folks. :tinfoil

Be Lucky (and dead......probably)
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

and i thought i was Mr. Grumpy!!! :lol:
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Bladerunner, if you buy bog rolls for £1.39 for 12 they arent going to be up to much, i bet your fingers go straight through them.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Bladerunner wrote:
If the volcano on La Palma in the Canary islands went up, the resulting tidal wave would not only devastate the entire Eastern seaboard of the US but would also hit the UK with the South West taking the brunt. And it is not a case of if, it is a case of when.

The same goes for Yellowstone National Park which is a Super Volcano (Americans aren't happy with your normal run of the mill volcanoes). When that goes up the whole world will be effected by the dust cloud. Growing crops will be a thing of the past and you will only have what you have stockpiled as we head into the next ice Head to hills folks.
And you're expecting this imminently then, are you? :roll:
Teapot

Post by Teapot »

itsybitsy wrote:
Well there has been a cluster of seismic activity in the Canary Islands these past few days, so you never know.... :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Teapot wrote:
itsybitsy wrote:
Well there has been a cluster of seismic activity in the Canary Islands these past few days, so you never know.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:
Technik

Post by Technik »

Bladerunner wrote:
bulldogeagle wrote:yep, Lidl 4ply is our fav toilet roll, you get 10 rolls in a pack for £4+, we stock 3 packs at a time, lasts us about 3 months!
The Lidl Bog Roll I saw mentioned on the other thread said it was something like £1.39 for 12 rolls not £4 for 10 rolls. Could someone please confirm which it is please because at £1.39 for 12 rolls I am buying up all they have if it is as goos as others say.
The recycling toilet paper that I stock and some other people on here is the 2 PLY one and no, your finger doesn't go straight through :lol: It's not very soft, that's the only downside of it. And it's 1.39 per 12 pack.
The mentioned above for 4 pound is the 4 PLY (10 pack) one which I don't know of and don't stock but for 4 quid you could have more than that, for example at Makro there's an offer of I can't remember exactly but I think 18 rolls of Andrex for 6 quid.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

we prefer the 4ply(at Lidl's) ok at about £4.60 for 10 rolls it might seem expensive, but we have tried the cheaper 2 & 3 ply and they are pretty flimsy" you pays your money & you takes your choice"!