Scottish Off Grid / Preppers

Homes and Retreats
fifer79

Scottish Off Grid / Preppers

Post by fifer79 »

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the site and have recently become interested in living off grid after watching and reading many things on the subject.

I am currently researching to convert aspects of my home into off grid living in preparation for a future plan to move into a completely off the grid home. As i go through this process i have decided to try and create a documentary looking at off grid homes, food, water, heating etc so i am looking for some scotland based people to visit and film.

If you are interested please comment below :)
sniper 55

Re: Scottish Off Grid / Preppers

Post by sniper 55 »

I'm wondering personally if showing the world what your doing is a good idea, anything like this could make you and your home a possible target should things go bad.
Thats just my take on it, no offence intended.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yep, I think most people would find the security aspects of doing this a big no no. Especially to an unknown poster who hasn't listed any previous documentaries.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Hi fifer as has been said before your onto a loser with that especially being a new member here, why not start with your own prep videos on first .

Welcome to the forum , a few fifers on here .

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
mongrel

Post by mongrel »

Hi and welcome, Am Scots and largely off grid, buts that’s it, I agree with previous comments like to keep a low profile.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hi I believe that there is a crofting community that live off grid I can't remember where but I am sure that if you do an internet search you will find them they might be able to help you
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
23pioneer

Post by 23pioneer »

I'm new to the site and have recently become interested in living off grid after watching and reading many things on the subject.

I am currently researching to convert aspects of my home into off grid living in preparation for a future plan to move into a completely off the grid home. As i go through this process i have decided to try and create a documentary looking at off grid homes, food, water, heating etc so i am looking for some scotland based people to visit and film.

Erm No, i know your game, your going to come to my place, kill me and eat my liver and live happily ever after after, no thanks.... :D :D
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

23pioneer wrote:I'm new to the site and have recently become interested in living off grid after watching and reading many things on the subject.

Erm No, i know your game, your going to come to my place, kill me and eat my liver and live happily ever after after, no thanks.... :D :D
What... No fava beans?.... ;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:
23pioneer wrote:I'm new to the site and have recently become interested in living off grid after watching and reading many things on the subject.

What... No fava beans?.... ;)
I can't believe you forgot the chianti. :shock:
23pioneer

Post by 23pioneer »

sniper 55 wrote:
23pioneer wrote:

Erm No, i know your game, your going to come to my place, kill me and eat my liver and live happily ever after after, no thanks....

What... No fava beans?....

I can't believe you forgot the chianti.

OOpppsss or maybe mead