Common "prepper" freq

Malthouse

Re: Common "prepper" freq

Post by Malthouse »

Both ends of the extremes are free to use, CB for longish distance or open country and PMR for local stuff in built up areas.

Given the current crisis, might be worth setting up a time and frequency for everyone to make and keep contact? Some professional radio users are starting to have a weekly meet up, for want of anything else to do perhaps.

Dont forget CB is still the official emergency communication network. Always worth keeping familiar with it and who uses it near you.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

CB is barely used around here, and network radio has taken over as the emergancy responce system (not that I agree with that). As for frequecies, Are you suggesting a uk-prepper net on air?? I would assume that would only work on 80m and we would need someone in the middle of the country to chair?
What is your suggestion?
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

CB has certainly seen a decline, thought Ofcom still consider it the emergency system - if you have something on network radio please share.

I am not suggesting anything specific, only responding to this venerable thread again as times are what they are.

Of the ideas I recall discussing on here before would an agreed time and frequency for us to call each other and see who is local work?l
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Quite a few raynet groups are also setting up mesh nets to ensure emergancy internet access deployable in the field.