Wood

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
des cattys

Wood

Post by des cattys »

If you have a wood burning stove or thinking of getting one.
Or just fancy an interesting read:
Attachments
2016-01-23 03.52.23.jpg
Deep Thinker

Re: Wood

Post by Deep Thinker »

Stacking mine on pallets with roof and air all round ,18 months to dry then ready for use .I am looking at getting a permit to go on forestry land after they have cut and get the lumps they leave. Should save a bit but will take a bit of spitting and stacking.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Got my OH that for Christmas.

Some great ideas and lovely photos.

We have on pallets with sides made from pallets around the edge of the garden under the branches of fir trees. Left uncovered for about a year then covered with a tarp ready for burning that winter. We have at least a 2 year supply of wood.
MissAnpassad

Post by MissAnpassad »

I have that one. But one book I would love to have, is Eld : flammor och glöd - samisk eldkonst (Fire: flames and embers - Sami art of fire) by Yngve Ryd. It's a book about things like how to make a fire in a snowstorm and what to burn if there is no trees around. Don't know if it has been translated into english.
des cattys

Post by des cattys »

MissAnpassad wrote:I have that one. But one book I would love to have, is Eld : flammor och glöd - samisk eldkonst (Fire: flames and embers - Sami art of fire) by Yngve Ryd. It's a book about things like how to make a fire in a snowstorm and what to burn if there is no trees around. Don't know if it has been translated into english.
I've come across this book before from someone I know who lives in Sweden.
Another interesting one is a book titled "swedish carving techniques " I have a copy of this book very good.....the authors name escapes me right now
defender130

Post by defender130 »

Looks like an interesting book and now added to my amazon wish list to be bought as funds improve in the next couple of months