given the news over the past few weeks

How are you preparing
GillyBee

Re: given the news over the past few weeks

Post by GillyBee »

Stuff to do common minor repairs/servicing (or bigger ones if you are able) Especially anything that requires parts from the Far East and that requires regular work.
grenfell

Re: given the news over the past few weeks

Post by grenfell »

I've always been a bit of a hoarder with regards to things like that. Collected over the years , there's still some stuff left but the biggest part i've used. At the start of the pandemic the supermarkets dropped the petrol to 99p a litre , i brought what i could , ahem legally of course, but that has all been used. Replaced but the original stuff has gone , it's just costing more to replace. Around fifteen years ago i managed to get a large box of bars of soap for nothing , that ran out learlier this year. Anything with the exception of what grows in the garden that i can't make and have to buy will at some point have to be brought again. I suppose the point is prepping is in effect a way of kicking the can down the road a bit further. Not that i'm saying it's not a good thing to do , i wouldn't be here if i was , just a pragmatic view.