How is everyone dealing with rising prices?

For all things financial
pseudonym

Re: How is everyone dealing with rising prices?

Post by pseudonym »

hobo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:50 pm Snip> so I’ll be actively looking for a bungalow with wood burner!
They are like rocking horse poop round here.

Shame really cause If i could downsize that'd free up a house for a Family. :roll:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
British Red

Post by British Red »

pseudonym wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:25 pm
hobo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:50 pm Snip> so I’ll be actively looking for a bungalow with wood burner!
They are like rocking horse poop round here.

Shame really cause If i could downsize that'd free up a house for a Family. :roll:
Bungalows seem to be regional - very few in Hampshire but huge numbers in Lincolnshire
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Worked on a new build bungalow a couple of years ago , sold as soon as it went on the market. For the same customer I worked on a couple of new build rentals for him and people were moving in before we'd even finished.
Going back to bungalows pros and cons. Obviously good if you have problems with stairs but then for the internal size they have a large roof and footprint which can mean they are more costly to keep warm.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

There are some pensioners' bungalows just downhill from me, right on the border of a nature reserve that's actually a flood zone. It looks like a mangrove swamp right now, still walkable because the path is elevated - but it reminds me that in a flood problem, there's nowhere safe to go in a bungalow, unless you get up into the attic. And if you're in a bungalow because you're less mobile, that would be problematic.
British Red

Post by British Red »

Our ways of dealing with spiralling food prices is something we get asked about a lot because of our lifestyle on the Smallholding. It seems to be coming up more often as a concern so we made a video on the topic this week.

https://youtu.be/D-1Nz-URm0k
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

British Red wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:09 pm Our ways of dealing with spiralling food prices is something we get asked about a lot because of our lifestyle on the Smallholding. It seems to be coming up more often as a concern so we made a video on the topic this week.

Hi Red, is this your channel on YouTube? If so, I need to let you know that we don't allow any form of advertising on the forum without prior agreement of the moderators. Particularly if your channel is monetised. You are more than welcome to put a link to your channel in your signature, but that's it, I'm afraid. :)
Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

British Red wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:09 pm Our ways of dealing with spiralling food prices is something we get asked about a lot because of our lifestyle on the Smallholding. It seems to be coming up more often as a concern so we made a video on the topic this week.

Great video cheers
British Red

Post by British Red »

itsybitsy wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:56 am

Hi Red, is this your channel on YouTube? If so, I need to let you know that we don't allow any form of advertising on the forum without prior agreement of the moderators. Particularly if your channel is monetised. You are more than welcome to put a link to your channel in your signature, but that's it, I'm afraid. :)
It is, I didn't realise that was considered advertising, please feel free to delete
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Anybody got any advance notice of what's going up next?
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:00 pm Anybody got any advance notice of what's going up next?
Yes…everything. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.