Tonight I know why I am a prepper.

How are you preparing
jansman

Tonight I know why I am a prepper.

Post by jansman »

My youngest daughter has gone through a very acrimonious divorce. She is on the bones of her arse if I am frank. Mrs J and me have been there too, and more than once, so we get it. Mum is helping her financially- and I fully expected that. This month she has paid all her bills and she has precious little left. We had a nice Indian takeaway with her and while she was here I took her ‘shopping’in our storeroom.

Back then,she was richer than any of the family ,and fair play. However,it was not to be.She basically ,was able to do a weekly shop ( stuff from the garden too) from our stash. Tonight has vindicated our prepping activities. It’s crap when life is against you.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Re: Tonight I know why I am a prepper.

Post by Arzosah »

Sorry to hear it's so rough, jansman - it must be awful to see your beloved daughter in such a tough situation.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Hopefully she will get herself back on her feet soon then she can treat you both to a Indian :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I think we'd all prefer that our preps remain a what if but it's comforting to know that , pinching a advertising slogan , when it comes to it it doesn't make a drama out of a crisis.
My wife's side of the family have more than their share of "troubles" so i know how frustrating it can be but good to know you're taking it in your stride and best of luck to you all.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I told her that it won’t be a forever- situation. I think that her overriding emotion is one of a feeling of failure. I told her that the current situation is called Life.

Its not all zombies and asteroid strikes!

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Everything you come through makes you stronger. She won't ever let that happen to her again.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

And tonight your daughter also knows why you are a prepper.

Hopefully she becomes one too.

Well done Dad (and Mum)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I am glad that you are able to help your daughter and hope that she will soon be back on her feet. It is good to be able to help family out when things get tough. I know that money wise it wouldn't be easy for us to help out our children, but I would be able to help them out with food and other necessities should they find themselves in a similar situation.
Growing old disgracefully!
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Sorry to hear that Jansman, I hope the following year will be a better one for her. It's good she has you as her family and one that preps!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
jansman

Post by jansman »

PreppingPingu wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:06 am Sorry to hear that Jansman, I hope the following year will be a better one for her. It's good she has you as her family and one that preps!
Thank you. As a family ,we are not unique . None of us know what is around the corner,and a good job too,I reckon! Youngest is with us for a couple of days now ,and I am pleased to say that she informed us she has had a rather good pay rise at work. We did say things would get better. :D

I hope all our forum members are well.

Robert Frost.

Me.