Investments

For all things financial
grenfell

Re: Investments

Post by grenfell »

Yes I suppose you're both right and equally I suppose that as I've accumulated a lot of the materials it makes for a pretty good one too. Although , as I'm looking to put a roof finial ( fancy end ridge tile) to match the main roof on it may take the edge off a little. I've seen them at anywhere between £150 - £300 a piece if I can find the right pattern...
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'd like to inform you now that a finial has to be in the shape of a dragon, it's the law :lol:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I've looked at those and at the ones that have an imp of some sort baring his bum. Showed them to our daughter and let's say the reaction wasn't positive :D think I might have to break that law...
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:25 am I've looked at those and at the ones that have an imp of some sort baring his bum. Showed them to our daughter and let's say the reaction wasn't positive :D think I might have to break that law...
Daughters are like that… :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Not so much an investment as I haven't paid for it, but I do have a bit of crypto here and there which I've accumulated over the years. It's not worth much - maybe around $150.00, but it was free and it's mine! :lol:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I think there were a lot of people who received shares when building societies merged or became banks , I know I did and still have them. They didn't cost me anything so I suppose to be pedantic they shouldn't really be called an investment. That makes my porch as less of an investment as I haven't had to buy most of the materials , they've been collected from left overs on building sites.
I suppose I could say I've invested time and effort...?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

If you don't sell a freebie financial thingummy, whether it's a bit of crypto or a few shares, then they *become* investments. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:09 pm If you don't sell a freebie financial thingummy, whether it's a bit of crypto or a few shares, then they *become* investments. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:09 pm If you don't sell a freebie financial thingummy, whether it's a bit of crypto or a few shares, then they *become* investments. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D
Perhaps the closest thing would be an inheritance. Something that is given to you rather than earned by working ( meaning a job) which then becomes an asset.
Either way or whatever one wants to call it it does qualify as a sort of "have it and forget it" thing that can just sit there and grow financially larger without any effort being put in.