Artificial fire logs

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
grenfell

Re: Artificial fire logs

Post by grenfell »

On a similar vein I have around 12 kilos of sugar that after the moggies got to it isn't fit for consumption and I've wondered if I could do something with it along the same lines. Or has anyone got any better ideas than just burning it?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

grenfell wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:48 am On a similar vein I have around 12 kilos of sugar that after the moggies got to it isn't fit for consumption and I've wondered if I could do something with it along the same lines. Or has anyone got any better ideas than just burning it?
Can it be used in pest traps? Is it good enough to make syrup for a beekeeper?
jansman

Post by jansman »

It can be used in small doses on plants as a growth booster ,but only small doses.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I've used a bit of sugar in cut flowers before now which seems to keep them fresh a little longer so I could see it helping plant growth. I had considered using it for baiting traps although I've got plenty of other stuff for that. I could use it in wasp traps I suppose and I don't know anyone local who keeps bees and it wouldn't be worth trying to post. I have in the past used fairy liquid and sugar for washing my hands when they are particularly grimed in dirt although I'm not sure about mouse urine impregnated sugar.