Now More Than Ever..

Medical and Healthcare
SamVimes

Re: Now More Than Ever..

Post by SamVimes »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:20 am The government have had 2yrs now to provide more doctors and nurses,paramedics but how many extra have thay started training above the normal number also the doctors appointments scandal leading to one party in a local by election having as a policy of returning to the way it was making me thing that this won't change anytime soon .

We pay but don't receive.
It takes longer than 2 years.
The children need to get good enough GCSE then be convinced to take the right A-levels then (if the grades are good enough) be convinced to take Medicine, Nursing, Paramedicine etc.
Registering as a Nurse or Paramedic both require a 3 year degree, followed by a preceptorship period of further on the job learning. Medicine about 7 years I think followed by 2 years of on the job training for a basic doctor. Add another 5 years minimum for GP or consultant.
The NHS can buy in staff from overseas but it's a short term fix.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

SamVimes wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:20 am The government have had 2yrs now to provide more doctors and nurses,paramedics but how many extra have thay started training above the normal number also the doctors appointments scandal leading to one party in a local by election having as a policy of returning to the way it was making me thing that this won't change anytime soon .

We pay but don't receive.
It takes longer than 2 years.
The children need to get good enough GCSE then be convinced to take the right A-levels then (if the grades are good enough) be convinced to take Medicine, Nursing, Paramedicine etc.
Registering as a Nurse or Paramedic both require a 3 year degree, followed by a preceptorship period of further on the job learning. Medicine about 7 years I think followed by 2 years of on the job training for a basic doctor. Add another 5 years minimum for GP or consultant.
The NHS can buy in staff from overseas but it's a short term fix.
A short term fix...
Has been for years and long term solution.
Fill er up jacko...
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

I was doing nursing in 2004.

There were nursing graduates who couldn't get jobs in nursing because of nurses brought in from overseas. Then they scrapped the funded diploma with monthly allowance

This is a very ongoing situation
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Rich country's poaching doctors and nurses from the 3rd world is criminal, racist and the worst face of capitalism.
Fill er up jacko...
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

GeeGee and Lil, I’m so sorry to hear of your circumstances it’s nothing short of brutal and shocking. I agree with a herbal medicine/ nutrition approach to support the body’s healing, immune response and normal cell division. Each to their own. Keep strong.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Mad scientist thank you
I was at hospital last week for myself but had to go out of the area for a appointment as my area is still on its knees
The nurse said to me that they've overwhelmed and very understaffed all over
I dont profess to know how it works in the nhs but she mentioned something about the funding which has been removed for some training and when the junior nurses are sent out on placement they were being used as actual staff and struggling with many hours
She said that one left the day before to do a rep job another had gone to work at a supermarket and loads doing botox and noone returning ..plus with having to fund the few years of training ( I think she meant that ) people were just not coming into the profession she herself had been offered a position elsewhere and was considering it
If its the same everywhere then its going to come crashing down ..I personally know a few going private just to get things done theyve been waiting a couple of years for .
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Mad Scientist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:32 pm GeeGee and Lil, I’m so sorry to hear of your circumstances it’s nothing short of brutal and shocking. I agree with a herbal medicine/ nutrition approach to support the body’s healing, immune response and normal cell division. Each to their own. Keep strong.
Always strong ty yesss - keeping on trucking! :mrgreen:
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:30 am Rich country's poaching doctors and nurses from the 3rd world is criminal, racist and the worst face of capitalism.
Agreed. Also there are thousands of nurses trained in the UK working abroad, eg the rich oil states.
I remember before Covid, NHS was short of about 43,000 nurses if I remember correctly.
jansman

Post by jansman »

When the NHS started, back in 1947, the government advertised for doctors and nurses from our Empire Colonies. Nothing changes.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Large numbers of GPs are getting close to retirement age and it is gettting steadily harder to recruit new doctors into General Practice, especially in the more deprived areas. The GPs that do qualify prefer to work sessions for one of the health chains which are taking over practices. That way they know what hours they will get to work each week and do not have to worry about the practice business admin themselves.