Apocalypse Wine from Ribena or Tinned Fruit.

Got a tasty recipe? Novel way to use ketchup? Put it in here..
jennyjj01

Re: Apocalypse Wine from Ribena or Tinned Fruit.

Post by jennyjj01 »

Kiwififer wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:06 pm I tried to make Viking blood mead which was ready at Christmas. It tasted horrible so it’s back to the drawing board.
I tried to make mead once. Didn't work out at all. I've also had no success making lager beer
Making wine seems so much simpler, if we are prepared to accept arbitrary flavour in the end product.
One of my most successful wines was Potato wine. Rocket fuel.
Coffee wine was a bit pants.

Regardless of whether this peach and mixed fruit wine works, I have about 10kg of mixed dried fruit to 'speriment with. Watch this space.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

Yeah the wine seems much easier. Keep us updated please.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Kiwififer wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:51 pm Yeah the wine seems much easier. Keep us updated please.
LOL. I couldn't make cider, either. I've made many gallons of Ale and wine and even Ginger pop for over 40 years, but Cider, Lager and Mead, I was hopeless. Mind you, for each of those, I failed once and gave up, mostly because I don't LIKE Cider, Lager or Mead. :lol:
I should have a go at making Jack Daniels or Cognac, or even Gin and Tonic

Anyhow, Tomorrow I'm looking out some expired tins of fruit and solidified lumps of sugar, so expect to read of my forays into some exotic wine 'speriments. Fruit cocktail, anyone?
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Great inspiration guys! I’ve failed miserably in the past making wine but I do manage a decent ginger beer. Really must dig out my demijohns and other gear and have a go.