Lesson Learned!

Medical and Healthcare
diamond lil

Lesson Learned!

Post by diamond lil »

We think the husband might have Covid. God knows how, as he's paranoid and even wears a mask in the street... but he's been ill since last weekend. Main symptom for him has been a stuffed up nose/sinus thing along with headache & exhaustion. Last night he could not breathe at all, unless sat upright with his mouth open. Which is not life threatening is it? But according to him, it's unbearable :evil:
So I hit the first aid box and dragged out all the cold & flu stuff. To find that he couldn't take any of them because of medication he's on :shock: Heart/BP/kidney meds = all a no go. The only thing he can do is steam his head. (zipping my mouth shut here). So we had to go out to the chemist, when he really wasn't well enough to drive, and get menthol crystals and Vick.
Just so that you can be aware of this possibility preppers
Arzosah

Re: Lesson Learned!

Post by Arzosah »

Sorry to hear this, Lil. It sounds very like the symptoms my brother has at the moment, which is covid confirmed by pcr. Brother's isn't as severe as your OH's, but it's very stressful, for the lack of sleep more than anything.
British Red

Post by British Red »

That sounds really unpleasant - having been forced to sleep upright for 2weeks after broken ribs it truly was torture. When you say "he really wasn't well enough to drive" - I assume something means that you aren't able to drive?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I've only got a M/C license :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Told Jan. We both wish Jimmy well . Xx
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Thanks JM, test kit arrived in the post today and he'll do it Monday morning and post it back. I'm updosing the steroids like mad because if he's got then so have I.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Hope he gets better soon x
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Hope you're all feeling better soon
I know someone who had to go hospital was so ill ..they told them after the negative test in the hospital that there is something going round with all the same symptoms but it isnt covid
Doesn't help if you cant take the mainstream meds tho ...
All the best ...
British Red

Post by British Red »

diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 pm I've only got a M/C license :mrgreen:
Makes sense - never too late to get the car licence though :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

GeeGee wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:41 pm Hope you're all feeling better soon
I know someone who had to go hospital was so ill ..they told them after the negative test in the hospital that there is something going round with all the same symptoms but it isnt covid
Doesn't help if you cant take the mainstream meds tho ...
All the best ...
Yes, I've heard that there's something else going round and it may well be this. But I'd like to know how he got it while hardly ever going out anywhere and always wearing a mask.. :evil: