Lesson Learned!

Medical and Healthcare
diamond lil

Re: Lesson Learned!

Post by diamond lil »

British Red wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:12 pm
diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 pm I've only got a M/C license :mrgreen:
Makes sense - never too late to get the car licence though :)
Old age + ME/CFS addled brain - not going to happen! :mrgreen:
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

I hope you get over it soon, My wife ( well all 3 children too) have EDS which was diagnosed as CFS/ME for the most part, she has a licence but has not driven for 25 years and now wont even consider it, don't feel bad, it's a sensible decision not to persue it.
I have a Dr friend who did a lot of research on Covid, when I mentioned my wife's taste has changed shortly after Jab 3, he said I'd put money on her having had it, Omicron being very infectous and you could even get it off of your shopping, so delivery drivers too, masks are not full proof either.
I have a theory that I may have a degree of natural immunity to flu's in genral ( not that I don't get the flu jab) all my life I can only remember one occassion that something like a flu took me down, I've had colds, (don't we all) but flu was like a 2 day hangover from hell :lol:
Also if you have pets, remember they don't do the hand gel/mask thing, our cats are all indoor one's but we have a few local cats who come to our yard , which is another potential source of infection.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Hope Mr lil is on the mend soon ..

As for transport get yourself some rollerskates :mrgreen:

Not sure on your range to the shops et all but some of the electrically assisted bikes might fit the bill or one of those huge mobility scooters that some seem to struggle navigating the isles of Tesco's on and are one slip away from ram raiding the tinned veg racking :lol:

If that doesn't appeal ....
Wallace-Gromit-2.jpg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
British Red

Post by British Red »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:50 am
British Red wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:12 pm
diamond lil wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 pm I've only got a M/C license :mrgreen:
Makes sense - never too late to get the car licence though :)
Old age + ME/CFS addled brain - not going to happen! :mrgreen:
That seems very responsible :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think he got it while getting diesel, he seems to be a bit messy re taking gloves off then handling money then taking the mask off. Maybe rubbed his eye or something silly - that's the only weak spot I can find. I chuck sanitiser gel over the Sainsbugs order and would chuck it over the driver too if he came too close :mrgreen: He sees the glint in my eye and stays well back :mrgreen:
Andy the wee village shop wil deliver anything I need, and the local (excellent) butcher does the same, all free. We're a lot better placed down here, even if the weather is boring and I miss the sheep & hawks.
TY all for kind wishes, the husband is still white and knackered but not ill ill, IYKWIM.
Is it really really bad if I'm enjoying the peace? And happily ordering more books & wool while he's too weak to kick off? :twisted: :twisted:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Lil, I'm glad you're both weathering it at the moment - but like I said about my brother, it's very up and down, take care as long as you can.

Totally understand you not upping your licence to a car from the motorbike. I have a full driving licence, but haven't driven for getting on for 40 years :oops: :oops: :oops: though at least I passed my test in London, not a quiet little town somewhere. Anyway, I'm going to have refresher lessons before I seriously start looking for a car - if I can't hack it, I need to know before I spend the money on it. And if I can't hack it, I'll get the best folding electric bike you've ever seen :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I passed my bike test when I was 40 and we moved out to the sticks. No work that fitted with kids at school and anyway busfares cost half the wage. So I got a Yamaha 125 and did mothers help/cleaning on remote farms back in the hills. enjoyed it a lot and they were very grateful. Although not that enjoyable trying to get over hairpin bends and moorland roads with 6ft of snow piled along the sides in winter.. and watching the jets fly down the valley underneath me! :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:04 pm I passed my bike test when I was 40 and we moved out to the sticks. No work that fitted with kids at school and anyway busfares cost half the wage. So I got a Yamaha 125 and did mothers help/cleaning on remote farms back in the hills. enjoyed it a lot and they were very grateful. Although not that enjoyable trying to get over hairpin bends and moorland roads with 6ft of snow piled along the sides in winter.. and watching the jets fly down the valley underneath me! :mrgreen:
My mum passed her bike test when she was 40 too. She bought a 650 Suzuki as I recall. She and dad went all over Europe on it,and when she sold it to an American chap,it ended up in Egypt!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Wow. Good going mum! Husband had a bike when I met him and has had them on & off ever since. We've had an awful lot of bikes - current one is a Honda CB1300 but looks like this will be his last year biking.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

hope he is on the mend soon lil,didnt you once say he used to cut grass like i do on a toro?
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...