Class IIIA plat

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Jackprep

Class IIIA plat

Post by Jackprep »

Hi everyone, this is my first post as a new member and I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer. Now I know some people might consider it extreme but does anyone know of a reputable UK retailer for class IIIA armor plates to be used in conjunction with a plate carrier as I said earlier I know some people might consider it excessive but with the escalating situation I'm Ukraine I'd rather be safe than sorry. Many thanks for your time.
itsybitsy

Re: Class IIIA plat

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome. I think a Google search may help you - our community is more focussed on prepping for issues such as flooding, redundancy, economic hardship and the like, as opposed to full scale war.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

eBay... Just be aware that in the rest of Europe it's illegal to own the UK is unrestricted but not many outlets as it's recycled within the forces the plate carriers are issued and make it on to the surplus market yet the plates go back to the quartermasters and get re issued
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Jackprep wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:09 pm Hi everyone, this is my first post as a new member and I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer. Now I know some people might consider it extreme but does anyone know of a reputable UK retailer for class IIIA armor plates to be used in conjunction with a plate carrier as I said earlier I know some people might consider it excessive but with the escalating situation I'm Ukraine I'd rather be safe than sorry. Many thanks for your time.
Hi, and welcome. An interesting first post !
But we all have our own angle as preppers. Is it actual body armour that you seek or something for a project? You are probably the expert here. The go-to guy when we all realise we need some :)

Where does it fit into your wider prepping perspective?

Well, YA, Never knew it was illegal to own, anywhere! How odd!
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome. I do have to ask though,is this for real? I mean that.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Zedsdead

Post by Zedsdead »

jansman wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:05 pm Welcome. I do have to ask though,is this for real? I mean that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bijela

Post by Bijela »

Always worth being aware of what you can and can't do. Example..
The following nations prohibit civilians wearing or possessing camouflage print clothing:

Antigua and Barbuda
Bahamas[1]
Barbados[2]
Dominica[3]
Ghana[4]
Grenada[5]
Jamaica[2]
Nigeria[6]
Oman[7]
Philippines (uniforms only)[8][9][10]
Saint Lucia[11]
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines[3]