hi first post

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
hewking102

hi first post

Post by hewking102 »

hi all
I have been thinking about prepping but realised urgency especially after ukraine war broke out.
I would like to top up my supplies and i understand that both are needed actual supplies and knowledge.
I am big fan of the Martin Armstrong blog https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/blog/ who is writing a lot of valuable stuff about economy which makes prepping even more urgent.

I wish all of you successful prepping but let's hope we will not need to survive scenarios we are preparing for :)
pseudonym

Re: hi first post

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Bijela

Post by Bijela »

Welcome and remember that anything to do (learning or having items) means you always 1 step better off than you were before.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Yes, supply chains are getting a bit stretchy with the Ukraine war happening as well as everything else, it's a good idea to start prepping. The blogger you mention isn't one I follow, and most of those reports look *really* expensive.

Good luck with the prepping :)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

The economy is getting scary for a lot of people, biggest decrease in living standards since records began in the 50s is predicted, due mainly to inflation. Not surprising you are thinking about prepping more, especially after 2 years of pandemic. I use a notes app to put ideas down, create lists of things to do, and a spreadheet app for things like expiry dates, gear weights and so on. I don't write that date for every tin of beans though. I do for batteries, first aid gear, and some food if I buy something in bulk. Just buy a bit extra each week and stash stuff with 1-2 year shelf life in a cupboard, then rotate everything so nothing gets wasted. Must admit I chucked out some split peas today, they seemed to stay a bit hard anyway, cooking them forever. Gradually try to get gear like a head torch, water filters, water purification tabs are dead cheap, fire safety stuff, emergency radio (wind-up/solar/battery), camping gas stove, mini wood stove, and so on. Takes years to get it all, you don't need to worry about getting it all straight away. Better to save up for the best quality, and being light weight is important if you need to bug out.