Sack barrows

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Rusty74

Re: Sack barrows

Post by Rusty74 »

the 2nd one i have but the side walls of the tyres have also perished but the years service it has done i cant complain,some solid wheels it may will be then
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Noddy's truck being bright means it can be seen from the other side of the woodyard..... Or maybe the Holding :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

British Red wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:46 pm I'm toying with one of these since my current one is fairly shot. Bargain at £41 and 10% off for the next 2 days!

https://www.diy.com/departments/mac-all ... 679_BQ.prd
OK then, I've just bought a MacAllister from B&Q. I went for the 300kgs version with a single toe-plate because I don't have to move hay bales but I do need to shift anvils and other stupidly heavy but compact lumps.

It seems quite robust (I'd say it was built like a Russian tank, but then someone might roll up with a Javelin :D ) and, apart from one hole for a cotterpin which needed reaming out, the build quality is amazing for the 41 notes I paid.
Its a little wider then I'd of liked, it will fit through a standard sized door as long as you can open it fully. The handles splay a little bit wider then the frame and this was my only difficulty in pushing it through doors..... I'm not sure about the knuckle guards on the handles, these might be the cause of my 'hanging up' on the door jam. I may cut them away at a later date.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
jansman

Post by jansman »

On the way home today ,I had cause to smile when a builder passed me with a yellow- wheeled sack barrow in his pick up. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:46 am
British Red wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:46 pm I'm toying with one of these since my current one is fairly shot. Bargain at £41 and 10% off for the next 2 days!

https://www.diy.com/departments/mac-all ... 679_BQ.prd
OK then, I've just bought a MacAllister from B&Q. I went for the 300kgs version with a single toe-plate because I don't have to move hay bales but I do need to shift anvils and other stupidly heavy but compact lumps.

It seems quite robust (I'd say it was built like a Russian tank, but then someone might roll up with a Javelin :D ) and, apart from one hole for a cotterpin which needed reaming out, the build quality is amazing for the 41 notes I paid.
Its a little wider then I'd of liked, it will fit through a standard sized door as long as you can open it fully. The handles splay a little bit wider then the frame and this was my only difficulty in pushing it through doors..... I'm not sure about the knuckle guards on the handles, these might be the cause of my 'hanging up' on the door jam. I may cut them away at a later date.
do you have a photo of it please
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Rusty74 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:34 pm
do you have a photo of it please
Its not much different from BR's blue one, it just has a single toe-plate thats a little larger then the fixed one on his (I compared them in the shop)
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

If you want to protect what you're moving try pipe insulation on the metal work .
Fill er up jacko...