Indefensible Food Wealth !

Homes and Retreats
Frnc

Re: Indefensible Food Wealth !

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:48 pm These days 50% of my garden is perennial.Most prople would not know what most of the plants were.
What varieties? This is something I've been thinking about. Both from recognition point of view, and the fact that it's more food for less effort. This is mostly how nature operates I think.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:54 am
jansman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:48 pm These days 50% of my garden is perennial.Most prople would not know what most of the plants were.
What varieties? This is something I've been thinking about. Both from recognition point of view, and the fact that it's more food for less effort. This is mostly how nature operates I think.
Yesterday in the heat,my beetroot was smashed. It has bounced back,but the perennials are going to be taking more space.

Currently we have: Jerusalem artichokes,nasturtium,Egyptian onions,Welsh onions,chives,rhubarb,apples,pears,plums,raspberries,blackberries, miners lettuce, Good King Henry and sea kale. Then we have our herbs ; lovage,mint,sage,rosemary,lemon balm,chervil. Oh yes,daubenton kale too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Well done, Jansman. I have serious garden and rabbit envy. My hubby won’t let me keep food rabbits I’ll have to get an allotment that allows them.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Mad Scientist wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:23 pm Well done, Jansman. I have serious garden and rabbit envy. My hubby won’t let me keep food rabbits I’ll have to get an allotment that allows them.
Meat rabbits are a ‘special’ thing. I am a butcher, and before that my dad always kept them. However, all of my animals command respect and ABSOLUTE care. My profession, and my fishing and hunting have never, ever made me forget compassion. Always bear that in mind.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.