How bizzy will bob geldorf have to get.

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
grenfell

Re: How bizzy will bob geldorf have to get.

Post by grenfell »

True , they live in a world where net energy isn't a thing and economists talk of continious growth...
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

I see part of the danger is many of these countries the poor will riot if not try taking over leading to many civil wars .
Fill er up jacko...
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

The Four Horsemen are named for a reason. War, Famine, Death and variously "Plague" or "Beasts of the earth". It certainly seems that where one is found, the others are not far behind.
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:06 am True , they live in a world where net energy isn't a thing and economists talk of continious growth...
And we both know that without easy/ cheap energy,there ain’t no economy as we know it now.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Well not our current economy that's for sure.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:33 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:50 pm We all know food prices and shortages are now with us for the long term, we western folk can adapt pay more go without some things to make sure we have the basics.

But what about the 3rd world most of whom live off between 1and 2 dollars a day not much wiggle room their as this gets worse country's with goods to sell food/fuel will just sell to those who can pay the going rate .
What happens to literally billions of people who can't pay.
Who live in country's that just don't have the buying power of the West.

Discuss
Well, unfortunately we've seen what happens to those poor souls on more than one occasion. I don't know what the answer is but I know it's not letting people starve to death.
But surely it's not a case of not letting, if theirs a shortage then basic economics kicks in who can pay and who cannot or even who is willing to pay the most simple supply and demand.
Fill er up jacko...
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Vitamin c wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:22 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:33 pm
Well, unfortunately we've seen what happens to those poor souls on more than one occasion. I don't know what the answer is but I know it's not letting people starve to death.
But surely it's not a case of not letting, if theirs a shortage then basic economics kicks in who can pay and who cannot or even who is willing to pay the most simple supply and demand.
Throw in economic collapse and most western fiat currencies become worth a lot less ( if anything in the worst case ) and we are in for curious times.