Greetings!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
GBM

Greetings!

Post by GBM »

I've lived much of of my life in East Africa, often in fairly remote parts where there are limited utilities. On returning 'home' to England I was looking forward to enjoying the luxury of modern living, only to find I can't afford it! In fact I have reverted to many of the practices I used while abroad, to save money here now. I thought I could share some of these, as most are relevant to 'prepping', and maybe I will learn some new tricks along the way too!
jennyjj01

Re: Greetings!

Post by jennyjj01 »

Hi and welcome,
Prepping and good housekeeping go hand in hand. And it sounds like you have an interesting new perspective to bring here. Look forward to reading your contributions.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Kiwififer

Post by Kiwififer »

I will risk a Jambo (hopefully I haven’t insulted you) and I look forward to hearing any tips you have.

I’m a relative newbie as well and they’re a nice bunch in here.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Some very interesting stuff prepping wise has happened in that area you should have story's to tell.
Fill er up jacko...
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello GBM, that *does* sound interesting! I hope "home" isn't too disappointing for you - looking forward to hearing the kind of things you're doing again, that you used to do in East Africa.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, welcome. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing about life in remote parts of Africa, and how you're adapting and prepping here. Yes it is expensive. Things got a lot more expensive recently. Gas in particular, electricity, petrol, many food items, housing, everything really. My income is pretty much fixed and pretty low, so it's a bit of a worry. I'm starting to shop around online for food items, put them on a spread sheet, and then go out and buy things where they are cheapest. Of course offers come and go so you have to keep checking. With Tesco you need a Clubcard to get some offers, so I've ordered one.
GBM

Post by GBM »

Thanks you all for your words of welcome. I will share with you some of the techniques that helped us in Africa, which I have adapted for use here in the UK. I'll call the first post 'hedge trimmings for fuel and filters'.