New prepper . Hi

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
boltprepper

New prepper . Hi

Post by boltprepper »

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm interested in prepping since 2020, I managed to beat the panic buying and saw that coming so prepared 6-8 weeks before the panic began.

Now, I get the same sense something big is about to happen! I've never considered myself a prepper!

But I guess I am ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค“.....

I've recently been storing food, and gathering tools for off grid living should shtf. So hello to like minded people here, and look forward to talking to you lot ๐Ÿ’ฏ
GillyBee

Re: New prepper . Hi

Post by GillyBee »

Welcome. There is lots of good advice on the site and people are friendly. Have a look around and feel free to ask questions. I think most of us feel the same way about the future at the moment. Some of us have been"prepping" a lot longer than others while for some it is just how they live i..e. off grid/self sufficient etc and they have bags of experience to share with the rest of us.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum - yes, I certainly feel that there are so many chronic and acute emergencies building up to bursting point that some kind of implosion is going to happen. Good for you for seeing the need to prep 6 - 8 weeks in advance of the pandemic, that's a good cushion. Always more to do, of course :D and you'll find loads of skilled people on here to help get you where you want to go.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think the word Prepper puts some people off, it's just being prepared for whatever life throws at us.. well worth it :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:13 am I think the word Prepper puts some people off, it's just being prepared for whatever life throws at us.. well worth it :mrgreen:
So true ... we're an adult version of the Scouts, really :mrgreen:
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Arzosah wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:05 am So true ... we're an adult version of the Scouts, really
Love it !!

Welcome Boltprepper. Sounds like you've sussed out the important stuff and are well on your way. Plenty of friendly advice here and some very interesting topics to get your brain thinking. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

boltprepper wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:30 pm Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm interested in prepping since 2020, I managed to beat the panic buying and saw that coming so prepared 6-8 weeks before the panic began.

Now, I get the same sense something big is about to happen! I've never considered myself a prepper!
Hi and welcome.
Well done in your fore-site.

The sense of foreboding is off the scale now, maybe because none of the issues is going away, but others are joining them. And no threat is off the cards. :(

Please let us be wrong. Let the future be happy and bright. Let the non-prepped have the last laugh. Worse things could happen.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

boltprepper wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:30 pm Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

But I guess I am ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค“.....

I've recently been storing food, and gathering tools for off grid living should shtf. So hello to like minded people here, and look forward to talking to you lot ๐Ÿ’ฏ
Hi, welcome. I think it's already well underway. It's already happening. Gas prices through the roof, petrol and electricity, lots of food items. Housing unaffordable. And the real possibility of the war in Ukraine escalating and spreading. Russia has limited manpower but it does have nukes, and Putin's not the only hawk. Global inflation, famine, mass migration, probably other wars. The climate crisis and associated extreme weather. Covid, monkey pox, both possibly related to climate, certainly to our continued destruction of nature. Tropical diseases will migrate with warming. Runaway feedbacks about to kick in.
jansman

Post by jansman »

But at least the sun is shining, and the fish were biting today :lol:

Welcome to the forum, and donโ€™t worry about stuff you have no power over. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.