Got a solar generator

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Vega-J

Got a solar generator

Post by Vega-J »

Got myself a Jackery 1000 with two solar panels and have to say I am impressed! Ran my slow cooker on low setting for seven hours yesterday and made a lovely quinoa chili :D. Winter charging may be an issue but will have to wait and see. Just thought I'd share this on here as my partner is bored of me raving about it :lol:
Vitamin c

Re: Got a solar generator

Post by Vitamin c »

Place of purchase photos and price please .
Glad you're enjoying it.
Fill er up jacko...
Vega-J

Post by Vega-J »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:08 am Place of purchase photos and price please .
Glad you're enjoying it.
I got it from Amazon and it is usual £1600 but they had a voucher for £200 off. Couldn't resist it. I'm afraid my phone camera is broken so no pictures at the moment
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Vega-J wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:19 am
Vitamin c wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:08 am Place of purchase photos and price please .
Glad you're enjoying it.
I got it from Amazon and it is usual £1600 but they had a voucher for £200 off. Couldn't resist it. I'm afraid my phone camera is broken so no pictures at the moment
Something like this Image

That's some high end kit. Impressive that anything can run a slow cooker, straight out of the box.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nice.

I have the E240 and the E1000 and 3 100w solar panels.

Since their purchase, my laptop and usb lightbulbs get powered at night time and recharged during the day.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

£1400-£1600? **faints**

But running the slow cooker is seriously impressive. So, it turns out jackery is really real? It would make life a lot easier ... rats, I'm really going to have to think seriously about this now. Thanks for posting, vega.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

The beggers stoley idea :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=8297

Going to get this out of storage and make it earn it's keep this winter me thinks
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm £1400-£1600? **faints**

But running the slow cooker is seriously impressive. So, it turns out jackery is really real? It would make life a lot easier ... rats, I'm really going to have to think seriously about this now. Thanks for posting, vega.
I'm glad it's not just me that gasped at the price.
It looks ideal and professional, industrial strength kit for anyone who goes camping, but I couldn't justify the budget just for preppings sake, nor for energy saving's sake. But then I'm tight as a ducks.

I bet Yorkshire Andy made him buy it.:)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Vega-J

Post by Vega-J »

Yeah I had been thinking about buying a solar generator for about a year but was put off by the price. I work in a seriously understaffed industry so have worked a butt load of overtime since Xmas and decided I needed a treat :lol:

It handled the slow cooker like a champ! Tomorrow I'm going to try the induction hob which I imagine will be more of a challenge for it! I've just been plugging random stuff in to it and was pretty impressed that it ran my latte machine with no problems.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

the price that puts me off as well but they do look like a really good bit of kit,watched a you tuber using one and was impressed way back them
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...