Oooooo I Want This

Homes and Retreats
diamond lil

Oooooo I Want This

Post by diamond lil »

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-h ... ay/3948849

*Externally, there are three traditional stone outbuildings on the site, two of which are ideally suited for storage purposes while the larger of the outbuildings could potentially be used as a workshop or studio. The property is made up of many fields which are all enclosed by stone walls. The fields offer tremendous potential for grazing paddocks, veggie garden, poly tunnel *
Scroll on to the last few pics.
jennyjj01

Re: Oooooo I Want This

Post by jennyjj01 »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 pm https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-h ... ay/3948849

*Externally, there are three traditional stone outbuildings on the site, two of which are ideally suited for storage purposes while the larger of the outbuildings could potentially be used as a workshop or studio. The property is made up of many fields which are all enclosed by stone walls. The fields offer tremendous potential for grazing paddocks, veggie garden, poly tunnel *
Scroll on to the last few pics.
Bidding war..... What's the catch? It sounds wonderful.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

That's a lot of house for £275K. Round here you can pay more for a terraced house.
WomanOfTheWoods

Post by WomanOfTheWoods »

It's lovely Diamond Lil,,, and £200k less than similar in the Borders.,,,, and I want that wee foal in the pic.

There's no catch. If anything it's quite expensive for that part of Ireland.
WomanOfTheWoods

Frnc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:53 pm That's a lot of house for £275K. Round here you can pay more for a terraced house.
Back in 2010 I travelled to Ireland monthly to bring back Irish Sport Horses to the UK. Heading to the sales at Cavan, I had to stopped at Letterkenny because of the tachograph. It was 8am and the only place open was a pub on the high street. It's common there for pubs to open for breakfast like coffee shops in the UK.
I got talking with an auctioneer who presumed I was there for the property auction.
Four hours later I had bought a 2 bedroom fully renovated traditional stone cottage on two acres, bordering woodland. I had to phone my brother to borrow £3k. This was after the 2007/2008 property crash. The entire property cost Euro 22,000. And the buying process was incredibly simple.

I got home, minus any horses as I'd spent the money. Put a long list of ads on Gumtree in every major city in the UK.. The next day I rented it out to a couple from Manchester who wanted the good life. They were young and struggling.
They still live in the cottage and now have two kids.
Sometimes we need to take great leaps of faith,,, be brave,, research,, get out of our comfort zones.
Those bargains are gone ( for now),,,, But whatever you dream, do all in your power to go for it.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I used to spend a lot of summers in Ireland too. Stopped when I got ill and I miss it. Always meant to retire there, my mum was from Galway. If I won the lottery I'd be over there the minute the cheque hit the bank :mrgreen:
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

my late grandfathers grandad or my great great grandfather was from galway and hence my irish surname of "byrne"
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh there's a lot of Byrnes in county Galway. My grandparents were Cassidy.
WomanOfTheWoods

diamond lil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:45 pm I used to spend a lot of summers in Ireland too. Stopped when I got ill and I miss it. Always meant to retire there, my mum was from Galway. If I won the lottery I'd be over there the minute the cheque hit the bank :mrgreen:
Ahh diamond lil, don't give up on your dream girl. Because that's what nearly everyone does. And then life becomes one long list of "what ifs and if only"
Do you know that you can rent a lovely house in rural Ireland, for a fraction of the price of the Borders? And far better quality houses too.

I've dealt with just about every obstacle life can throw at a person yet I'm living on my wee croft just as I had visualised. Actually it's harder than I'd visualised bu well worth it. You can do this if you really want to. And if you are worried about health care going forward, then stick to the UK side of the Border where you can access the NHS.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think I'll stick where I am now, Scotland's pretty good to live in, just wish I had gone when I was able, you know? But a wee lottery win might change my mind... :twisted: :mrgreen: