What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
GillyBee

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by GillyBee »

What a nightmare! And so close to Christmas. Definitely get like for like prices to replace your stuff as otherwise your insurance will offer you the price of the cheapest equivalent & not what you actually had. If you have photos of your rooms still accessible, keep them handy as evidence of the standard your rooms were completed to and the contents as this also helps.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Thank you everyone
Overwhelmed isnt the word..but some great advice here
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:42 am Thank you everyone
Take it easy it's going to be a long haul once the insurance pulls their finger out probably after the festive period but they've a week to make it safe and start the drying out

Have you got through to the insurance co yet or are you 5,000,000 in the queue :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh GeeGee! You can't get a break, can you :(

I mean, it's good that no-one (including the cat, I hope) was in either room when the catastrophe happened, and that's about the only good thing :(

Document, document - take photos, videos, whatever you can. Do it separately for the *ancer medication, the hospital/pharmacy can be sent that.

And you slept there? Were you warm enough? Just awful. Sending love. Maybe you want to start a separate thread on here, to make sure you've kept details of what's going on? I hope your insurance company is good about claims.

Thinking of you both.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:48 am Oh GeeGee! You can't get a break, can you :(

I mean, it's good that no-one (including the cat, I hope) was in either room when the catastrophe happened, and that's about the only good thing :(

Document, document - take photos, videos, whatever you can. Do it separately for the *ancer medication, the hospital/pharmacy can be sent that.

And you slept there? Were you warm enough? Just awful. Sending love. Maybe you want to start a separate thread on here, to make sure you've kept details of what's going on? I hope your insurance company is good about claims.

Thinking of you both.
Thank you ...yes I will do all of that
Its half sleeping..a couple of hours here and there ..
Have the log burner going full whack non stop and all our camping heaters all over so too warm really even with all windows open ..Will let you all know how we go or if I lose the plot altogether...
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:15 am
Take it easy it's going to be a long haul once the insurance pulls their finger out probably after the festive period but they've a week to make it safe and start the drying out

Have you got through to the insurance co yet or are you 5,000,000 in the queue :lol:
Man with i pad is coming tomorrow ...after a few hours talking to a AI and getting mad got a human ! Water is knocking off the amount of flood ..thanks for that link
They estimated from my previous bills that over 13 thousand litres of water has come through 😬
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:45 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:15 am

Man with i pad is coming tomorrow ...after a few hours talking to a AI and getting mad got a human ! Water is knocking off the amount of flood ..thanks for that link
They estimated from my previous bills that over 13 thousand litres of water has come through 😬
13000 how Long was it leaking for :shock: used to take me nearly 3 hours to fill a 3000l capacity pool

Either way if they knock that off the bill this bill will be cheaper than expected :shock: by about £10 based on 73p per cubic meter (near as makes no odds 1000l )
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Ara

Post by Ara »

Oh Gee Gee. How awful. I had to think of the size of an IBC to work out what 13 thousand litres was. My goodness, it's not surprising the damage that was done. What a way to end the year. I have no advice to give but I'm sending good vibes along the internet to you. Love and hugs.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

My first thought was "Oh B*gger...... Why does the cr*p always seem to stick to the folks who've got enough on their plate" KBO GeeGee. At least you've got preps to help (and the Brain trust we've got going on here)

Are fireproof document boxes water proof before they get hot? Because thats where I keep all my important papers..... Might need to move mine to somewhere not under pipes
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

GeeGee I am so sorry to hear about your troubles, absolutely awful. I hope that everything get fixed, repaired and replaced quickly and that your insurance covers everything without any arguments or hassle.
Growing old disgracefully!