Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jennyjj01

Re: Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

Post by jennyjj01 »

PAWTH wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:07 am Hi all

As it says, yeh another noob joining from the East Mids, here in Robin Hood Land :D

Good news is I can still talk, bad news is I'm close to pension and the rest of me doesn't work, so looking for volunteers to carry me and all my kit, quickly, in any direction away from the blasts.

I'm ex Army, RE's rule, EOD, and I'm packed ready to go. Been locked away for 3 years, at home because of covid, not at 'His Majesty's Pleasure' eek, although I did get to know coli well for a few months in 88. Would be nice to hear from some guys and even get together to discuss what holes we are digging and where :lol: .
Hi and welcome.
Take the time to have a good mooch around the forum. There's lots of knowledge and a fair few of us are either old crusties or else a bit damaged :)
We generally prep for bug-in scenarios, being a mix of townies and homesteaders, because even the most adventurous of us doesn't relish living off the land.
If you're 'less mobile' then you might bring some new perspectives and ideas here. So please chip in your contribution to our inane babbling.
We always like to here what new members are prepping for, and how.

Word to the wise..... The forum does have some rules :)

You're not the only one concerned about WW3 scenarios and if you are a pessimist, you're not alone here.
But look on the bright side. The earth won't miss us when we extinguish ourselves.
As preppers, we mostly aspire to just have a slightly more comfortable time of TEOTWAWKI, and if that means we can shrug off lockdowns and minor skirmishes, then we win....

Stay safe
JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
steptoe

Re: Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

Post by steptoe »

Welcome to a great site and as jen said there are rules though i don't think we live and die by them ducks the mods hand lol .

I and my wife like you are disabled but i refuse to let it stop us , with regard the C well we got hit in 2019 christmas but then well just not been near people we stay away and mask up and just stay safe , with the health mate as has been said a fair few here with illness but the one thing i will say never let the illness stop you , if ours does we just regroup and then restart .

You will find lots of knowledge here and willing people to pass info to you i have learned a lot and only been here a short time if you need help ask and people will help you .

Like jen we are for the bug in to the point that if it was a SHTF world then we hold what we can but if it got to the point thne yes we do have a leave program but again i am for hold what you can while you can as if it was a true SHTF world the roads may not be the safest to travel unless you are a large group .

I am sure being Ex army you know most of the basics to staying alive but so much knowledge here on being prepared