I'm new

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jennyjj01

Re: I'm new

Post by jennyjj01 »

Frnc wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:17 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:36 pm
Fast turnover meals in one: Oats, Weetabix,
Don't you need milk with those? Well, you can make porridge with just water, but I like a bit of milk on top. Of course you can keep dried milk. Sains do Nido 400g £5.15 now.
Oats and weetabix benefit from a blob of honey or jam, but it goes a long way to get calories into our tummies.
Oats also useful in making staffordshire Oatcakes, with the addition of yeast, flour and a bit of bicarb.
Sains own brand dried milk was also pretty good value. But I haven't bought any for ages.

In my earlier reply, I forgot to mention 'Broth Mix' such as from Home Bargain. A 100g goes a heck of a long way. And you are spot on with the value of tom puree.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

HomeHardener wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:24 pm Well, that’s exactly why I’ve been practicing once a week preparing meals with minimal fresh ingredients.
I do have a small selection of herbs and veggies in my flowerbeds so I try to involve them in my cooking when I can.

Pasta wise, fry onion (assuming you have it or are growing it) minced garlic (can be found in the same tubes that tomato paste comes in) tinned anchovies and a jar of olives combined with tinned tomatoes, salt and pepper.

I could write essays on food lol!!
I’d say I’ve invested most of my ‘prepping time’ in finding or developing meals I can make from ingredients that ‘most’ preppers keep in their stores.
Actually having a 'prep meal' each week is a great practice.
You made me drool with the Pasta idea. Ohhhh I forgot Anchovies: A million volts of flavour in a tiny jar.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

jansman

Post by jansman »

Forager wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:12 pm Does everything I post need to be approved by a moderator? This is getting rather annoying :(
When you get on the main forum you have ten posts to pass us and then you are free! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Forager

Post by Forager »

:roll: I'll get me coat
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:43 pm
Forager wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:12 pm Does everything I post need to be approved by a moderator? This is getting rather annoying :(
When you get on the main forum you have ten posts to pass us and then you are free! :lol:
It's worth the effort, Forager. Your reply to this will be one :)
We have VERY few spammers.

jansman

Post by jansman »

Forager wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:54 pm :roll: I'll get me coat
:lol: You’ve got the choice…
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:36 pm
HomeHardener wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:24 pm Well, that’s exactly why I’ve been practicing once a week preparing meals with minimal fresh ingredients.
I do have a small selection of herbs and veggies in my flowerbeds so I try to involve them in my cooking when I can.

Pasta wise, fry onion (assuming you have it or are growing it) minced garlic (can be found in the same tubes that tomato paste comes in) tinned anchovies and a jar of olives combined with tinned tomatoes, salt and pepper.

I could write essays on food lol!!
I’d say I’ve invested most of my ‘prepping time’ in finding or developing meals I can make from ingredients that ‘most’ preppers keep in their stores.
Actually having a 'prep meal' each week is a great practice.
You made me drool with the Pasta idea. Ohhhh I forgot Anchovies: A million volts of flavour in a tiny jar.
Though I haven’t yet explored ‘canning’ or ‘dehydrating’ I did however make my own beef jerky a few times but it didn’t store for long because I ate it all :lol:

Anchovies are so underrated, especially in sauces/stews. Though I don’t recall their shelf life in tins and jars, I imagine it’s pretty good.
@Homehardening_uk
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Your first 10 posts are moderated, it states it in the site rules. You did read the site rules?

https://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/vie ... php?t=2137
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.