Hello from the West Mids

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
MamaBear

Hello from the West Mids

Post by MamaBear »

Hi. I've been prepping for general calamity since my kids were born (now all in late teens). At first it was just a sense that everyone else seemed oblivious to any kind of risk, be it power cuts or flooding, and having my first child spurred me into action.

As any mum/dad will know, you try to take everything and the kitchen sink with you going on an outing with a new baby, which was really my first experience of a BOB/GHB. Since then, I've been refining my preps but am by no means anywhere near where I'd like to be yet (i.e. on a smallholding over the border in Wales, self sufficient etc.).

My OH doesn't really approve of prepping and as a result, I've lots of 'stuff' in the loft he doesn't know about ready for when TSHTF. He did appreciate some of the stored food preps and loo roll etc. when the Covid lockdowns happened though!
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Hello from the West Mids

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome to the forum

Have a good poke about and ask away ;)

Your first 10 posts or so will need to be approved keeps the spammers and nutters in check ;) ;)

My wife has been very dismissive of some of my preps but I always have a smug grin when what ever I've got stashed comes in handy ..

Past month we lost water on and off for a week stored water / water filters/ portable shower came in handy ...

And the bedroom fire in the teenagers bedroom ... doesn't have to be the end of the world if your prepared :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

MamaBear wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 pm Hi. I've been prepping for general calamity since my kids were born (now all in late teens). ...
Hi and welcome from just over the border in Cheshire.
Secret stuff in the loft .... Been there got the T-Shirt. It was discomforting to be so secretive. It took a while and a few minor crises averted to get MrJJ on board. He's not aware of the extent of the preps, but it's much easier having him on board. He's the bemused tasting panel for my prep recipes.

Have a good mooch around the forum. Join in.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! As you can tell from the welcome posts above, you'll fit right in. Lots of information here, and I'm sure you've got lots to share as well.