What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 11

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

This monster turned up today...

Delta max 1600 not the newest tech but it was very much the right price to say it's manufacturer refurbished there's not a mark on it and it smells new the fans are spotlessly clean etc
Screenshot_20240327-202027.png
That's my power needs sorted for a good while if I find I need more they do extra batteries that it plugs into

Bits ordered to make a solar charge lead up
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 pm This monster turned up today...

Delta max 1600 not the newest tech but it was very much the right price to say it's manufacturer refurbished there's not a mark on it and it smells new the fans are spotlessly clean etc

That's my power needs sorted for a good while if I find I need more they do extra batteries that it plugs into

That is one bad boy ! Dont be going and blowing the fuses in the lekky box so you can try it out!!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:11 pm

That is one bad boy ! Dont be going and blowing the fuses in the lekky box so you can try it out!!
We've a 7 yo who's power cut mad I spoil his fun and enjoyment of running around with a little torch and a glow stick :lol: :lol:

Turned up to the mil before Christmas who had a full village power cut we lit the street up much to the bemusement of the northern power grid staff :lol:

He run round her house like a lunatic for a good half hour

How's the new kitchen going?

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Nice!
I had to google that beast. Industrial strength! ..... and likely way out of my budget.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:30 pm

Nice!
I had to google that beast. Industrial strength! ..... and likely way out of my budget.
I've been Saving for a while they had a flash sale (they are like bloody DFS ) :tinfoil :lol: but this one was worth it.... £569.05p
Screenshot_20240327-213701.png
new £1200+ it's a refurbished unit but I think it's new even had the new smell from the electronics getting warm ...
Screenshot_20240327-213621.png
Plus a £100 discount for being a existing customer registered my little river 2 the other year plus a random 5% discount code I found online knocked another £30 off :lol: which all adds up and buying direct from them it gets a 24 month warranty like the new unit... The eBay refurbs are only 12 months
Screenshot_20240327-214154.png

Just had to sit waiting for the right time to buy bit of a game playing the wait hold your nerve .. but after Easter and the camping season will kick in and the offers will probably dry up a bit.... I did my homework you can get extra add on battery packs to increase its capacity etc ... I'd rather save a bit more and get something decent now buy cheap buy twice .. we won't mention the cheap bulb planter I bought 2 weeks ago that did about 10 holes then I collapsed the handle :oops:

My dad ordered a Dehumidifier 2 weeks ago from ebac £300 worth. He asked me if I could find a better price... I googled discount codes for eBac .. about 10 popped up first 9 not valid..... Last one knocked 1/3rd off :shock: so he saved £100! He bought me some beers to say thanks :lol:
Screenshot_20240327-215217.png

Medusa

Post by Medusa »

We are currently unprepping, well growing wise at least. We are spending quite a lot of time caring for/feeding and visiting our elderly parents and our youngest has just left home so we no longer have enough time or someone to water the crops whilst we recharge our batteries on holiday. We did have one of those irrigation systems but it didnt water the raised beds furthest away from the tap well and we did have some concerns about leaving the tap on for two weeks unmonitored. The rest of our preps are continuing along with de-clutttering the house in a Swedish death cleaning fashion. I was having a sort through the wardrobe in my store room and came across quite a few items which I had forgotten I had bought, muslin for cheesemaking and filtering water from big debris, extra head torches, a couple of small wood camping stoves and cooking systems and a box full of NBC suits which I bought during lockdown. We donated some of the extra sleeping bags and sleeping mats which we no longer use to a local charity as they were just taking up space under one of the beds and I actually need to decide which of our several tents we are willing to part with as we are currently up to six.
Growing old disgracefully!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Medusa wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm We are currently unprepping, well growing wise at least. We are spending quite a lot of time caring for/feeding and visiting our elderly parents and our youngest has just left home so we no longer have enough time or someone to water the crops whilst we recharge our batteries on holiday. We did have one of those irrigation systems but it didnt water the raised beds furthest away from the tap well and we did have some concerns about leaving the tap on for two weeks unmonitored. The rest of our preps are continuing along with de-clutttering the house in a Swedish death cleaning fashion. I was having a sort through the wardrobe in my store room and came across quite a few items which I had forgotten I had bought, muslin for cheesemaking and filtering water from big debris, extra head torches, a couple of small wood camping stoves and cooking systems and a box full of NBC suits which I bought during lockdown. We donated some of the extra sleeping bags and sleeping mats which we no longer use to a local charity as they were just taking up space under one of the beds and I actually need to decide which of our several tents we are willing to part with as we are currently up to six.
How's the mouth doing?

jansman

Post by jansman »

A simple job today. Changing batteries in our smoke alarms and Co2 alarm today. I do that every Easter,then our September wedding anniversary,so every 6 months. I also just check that our extinguisher pressure gauges are correct. 👍
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am A simple job today. Changing batteries in our smoke alarms and Co2 alarm today. I do that every Easter,then our September wedding anniversary,so every 6 months. I also just check that our extinguisher pressure gauges are correct. 👍
Another often ignored potentially life saving job :mrgreen: mine get done yearly they claim they will last 3 years in the book every summer holidays is when i do mine kids at home guaranteed to rain at least one day of it

... Little misses room alarm got new batteries after the fire it got taken down wiped , vacuumed out and the batteries replaced it had beeped it's heart out and lit the room for half an hour so it rewarded :lol:

Dont forget to give the powder extinguishers a shake ;)

Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Mostly just doing jobs on the house. Got 4 new windows coming this month. Had one repaired. Got pointing done in the loft, side walls are only single brick! I only got it partially done, where there was big gaps. Everything seems good up there apart from a bit of condensation on one of the purlins. Am running a dehumidifier 24/7. Air should get in between the slates. Did a bit of decorating but my eyesight isn't really good enough. Checked the date on my Nido, need too check my dried egg. Need to buy more prep food, eg pasta. Oiled my bike chain, pumped the tyres and did a ride. Had to get a new washing machine as the old one died and it was about 15 years old. Had to get a new stop tap fitted, good job I pulled the old washing machine out a day early. It sprang a leak when I turned it off and took the hose off. Have spent a fortune. Still got two loans, but the interest is low enough not to be worth paying them off (I overpaid a lot a few months ago to reduce the balance and interest). But I can't spend much on prepping at the moment.