Ffp3 masks cheap

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jennyjj01

Ffp3 masks cheap

Post by jennyjj01 »

[EDIT]: WARNING: THIS PRODUCT IS RUBBISH!!!![/EDIT]

I know... You get what you pay for...

Home Bargain selling boxes of 16 X Honeywell FFP3 masks for a quid. Plenty in stock.
Gotta be better than nothing when the bomb drops.

Individually wrapped
They have a bbe 2024/04, fwiw.
Last edited by jennyjj01 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Re: Ffp3 masks cheap

Post by Frnc »

How can they have a use by date, they are inert?
jansman

Post by jansman »

Masks may easily have damaged packaging,which can cause contamination prior to use,and the elastic to hold it to your face can be *rotted* to being loose on one’s face. Therefore not up to the assigned safety they are used for.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Not to cast aspersions but they are Tommy tank imo they don't fit me right have no nose strap and fit my big mellon very loosely and for a ffp3 they are very very thin.. Honeywell / North used to be a reputable firm how they put their name on the box is beyond me guessing absolute minimum for max profit in the pandemic .. and yes i bought a box last year wouldn't use them to clean/ sweep the chicken coup out.. might be a handy trade item
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Home Bargains website has gone doolally (technical term, dontcha know). It's showing a store only just over a mile away from me, that doesn't exist - that area's all mock tudor commuter homes built in the 1930s. After a bit more jiggery pokery, it started showing another one, and hunting around there (on google earth and satellite) gives me a local recycling centre. Just another week, and I'd have been practising in my car. Maybe I'll try later on this week, I've only been round the block in the thing, between storms, snow and a bad back. Grrrr.

ETA - just seen what Andy's added. Ah well. I still need the driving practice.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

I acknowledge they are pretty shite and loose. It also makes sense that they were just wringing implied value from the brand name. I thought that at the time.
For a quid they can stay if only as a tradable
Item.
They do at least have double elastic. Hopefully better than the blue surgical masks.
A supplement to my couple of proper face masks with filter cartridges. These truly are single use.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Frnc wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:18 pm How can they have a use by date, they are inert?
Mostly the rubber degrading

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Honeywell ffp3 Vs dräger ffp2..
IMG_20240128_175048488_MFNR.jpg

IMG_20240128_175118217_MFNR.jpg
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
deckard

Post by deckard »

I use 3m fold flat masks that have a valve for anything round the house now. Had a few incidents where i inhaled all sorts of shite because of cheap masks, so i stick with these. I've various types, some ffp3 and some very good organic ones for painting; bit all the same format. Rubbish masks will cost you greatly in the long term.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

A quick google reveals these were from a 70m mask order from the government. One of their 'deals' with industry to ramp up production. So, we've already paid for them once. :(

"The government has ordered 70 million of the locally produced FFP2 and FFP3 Honeywell SuperOne disposable respirator masks. These are certified to the highest international PPE standards, compliant with EU regulations, and must meet UK quality and safety standards before being delivered to healthcare settings via the NHS Supply Chain from July."