Hi From Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
nickmeaney

Hi From Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

Post by nickmeaney »

Hi folks, looking for like minded people from south wales for a link up and exchange of ideas. New to the concept of prepping but not to the idea that something is not right. I have been trying to get a degree of off the grid living and self sustainability for a while. I have my own allotment 15x8 poly tunnel, 6 chickens 4 x rain barrels and solar panels on the way. If anyone wants to get in touch and share ideas please get in touch.

Thanks

Nick
diamond lil

Re: Hi From Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

Post by diamond lil »

Hi Nick :mrgreen:
nickmeaney

Post by nickmeaney »

Hi,

Thank you for the hi :D
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Hello and welcome to UKP :)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
nickmeaney

Post by nickmeaney »

Thanks Scoobie.. Im looking for a pointer on here for food storage and volume buying, any ideas? :D
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

nickmeaney wrote:Hi folks, looking for like minded people from south wales for a link up and exchange of ideas. New to the concept of prepping but not to the idea that something is not right. I have been trying to get a degree of off the grid living and self sustainability for a while. I have my own allotment 15x8 poly tunnel, 6 chickens 4 x rain barrels and solar panels on the way. If anyone wants to get in touch and share ideas please get in touch.

Thanks

Nick
A good start Nick, we have had our chickens just over a year now, and have had at least two eggs a day since. far too many for our own use so we sell on the excess, so they are keeping themselves most of the time.

Being in the Plumbing industry I also get a chance to pick up used plastic water cisterns for water storage along side a few barrels.

Thinking about it, you probably need more water-butts than Solar panels down your way, it is usually a tad damp down by the Heads of the valleys. ;)
nickmeaney

Post by nickmeaney »

Hi the gnole,

Where is home for you? You are obviously well acquinted with the heads of the valleys weather.. :D

I am (WAS) a property developer, I have just completed an eleven house project in the middle of the credit crunch, I am lucky to come away with my sanity :shock:

I am also a freelance It consultant and left the intelligence corps HM Forces Army a few years ago. pretty varied skill set but i am as practical as a chocolate fire guard when it comes to practical building. :D

I am picking up another 6 chickens shortly too and maybe 2 ducks

N

N
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

That's a bit of an oxymoron isn't it, Army inteligence ;) No offence.

I'm on the other side of the border just past Y-Fenni, not far from the town with a ford ;)

Wales, the land where it is three months rain and nine months bad weather :roll:
nickmeaney

Post by nickmeaney »

ah not to far away then.. hope to catch up soon. im busying watching a bit of david icke now :D
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome :D