fish antibiotics for humans

Medical and Healthcare
edward.21

fish antibiotics for humans

Post by edward.21 »

hi i found this forum thread earlier and and thought id post it :)
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 813524/pg1
Yogi1kanobee

Re: fish antibiotics for humans

Post by Yogi1kanobee »

Very interesting. I see you can get the main ones on ebay.
edward.21

Post by edward.21 »

Yes but I'm not sure I'd like to risk it, but then again if you can't get get them prescription it's probably better than nout.
Yogi1kanobee

Post by Yogi1kanobee »

edward.21 wrote:Yes but I'm not sure I'd like to risk it, but then again if you can't get get them prescription it's probably better than nout.
Well, last year I had streptococcus. I couldn't eat or drink and was in constant pain. If I were unable to get to a doctor, I would have been willing to try it! Similarly, my wife once had acute cystitis. She couldn't walk and we had to get the doctor on a call out. She agrees that in an emergency situation she would be willing to try it. There are lots of things I wouldn't normally do, or eat, but it's a different matter if you only have your own resources. I have preps that I hope I never have to use, so a couple of small tubs in the freezer is little different. ;)
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

I got a couple of fish antibiotic packets. Apparently they are the same as human ones. Trick is, to know what to use for what. Also, they do last longer than the date says.

Here is an interesting article about expiration dates. Apply at your own risk. IANAD
http://www.terrierman.com/antibiotics-WSJ.htm

I'm looking forward to receiving a book I ordered which will help me know which antibiotic is appropriate for what thing.
WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

There are these

FISH-MOX (Amoxicillin 250mg)
FISH_MOX FORTE (Amoxicillin 500mg)
FISH-CILLIN (Ampicillin 250mg)
FISH-FLEX (Keflex 250mg)
FISH-FLEX FORTE (Keflex 500mg)
FISH-ZOLE (Metronidazole 250mg)
FISH-PEN (Penicillin 250mg)
FISH-PEN FORTE (Penicillin 500mg)

From HERE

Regular stuff, just repackaged for our swimming friends :D

WW 8-)
Yogi1kanobee

Post by Yogi1kanobee »

WhiteWolf wrote:There are these

FISH-MOX (Amoxicillin 250mg)
FISH_MOX FORTE (Amoxicillin 500mg)
FISH-CILLIN (Ampicillin 250mg)
FISH-FLEX (Keflex 250mg)
FISH-FLEX FORTE (Keflex 500mg)
FISH-ZOLE (Metronidazole 250mg)
FISH-PEN (Penicillin 250mg)
FISH-PEN FORTE (Penicillin 500mg)

From HERE

Regular stuff, just repackaged for our swimming friends :D

WW 8-)
I've got Fish Mox and Fish Flex. It says on the Fish Flex pack "Cephalexin", which I now know, thanks to my friend Google, is the same as Keflex.
Alleycat

Post by Alleycat »

Have deleted my post on this thread as a precaution because of course I obey the law and I wouldnt want to encourage any kind of law breaking :D
Last edited by Alleycat on Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moony

Post by Moony »

Also interesting that water purification tablets (that I suspect many of us may have) was one of the very few 'drugs' tested that was found to have expiration dates that should be observed. Shame, i'll have to check the dates on mine now and make sure i replace them with stuff with a longer printed dates. Good find on the antibiotics too btw !
I'm in Area 7 !
Rosesandtea

Post by Rosesandtea »

White Wolf; great info thanks! And it's their book that I'm waiting for - The Doom and Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook. I can hardly wait for it to come.