today's kit purchases.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
i_am_jim

today's kit purchases.

Post by i_am_jim »

pound world. 2xtarp 1mx2m 1pack of 2 telescopic glasses, 2x mylar emergency shelter.

99p store. 2x20m utility rope, 1x match head firelighters 20 in pack, 2x 14 litre collapsable water carriers, 1x enamel tiffin box, 1x inflatable back pillow, 1x inflatable pillow, pack of two space blankets, 1x 10l waterproof kit bag, 1x drawstring mesh bag, 1x 500ml aluminium water bottle, 2x quickfire fire logs, 2x karabina bungee, 2x duct tape, pack of three electrical tape, 1x pack 6 disposable lighters, 1x 11pack aa batteries, 1x 11pack of aaa batteries. not sure the utility rope will be up to much but better than nothing. will check it's strength in the morning. also bought a cheap battery radio from a charity shop had am/fm/air. anyone know what (air) frequency is?. only bought it because it looked quite funky. as for the telescopic drinks glasses i couldnt help myself i had pound shop fever. :oops:
bulldogeagle

Re: today's kit purchases.

Post by bulldogeagle »

just ordered a monocular(scope) for the wife's birthday!!
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

cool, i bought myself one a few years back from a shop in betws y coed, have only used it a few times. they are handy to have as they don't take up much room in your pocket or bag. i do want to get myself a pair of decent binoculars though.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

yeah, i prefer binoculars myself, got several mini pairs for GHB etc. got a decent full sized pair of binoculars a while ago, but SWMBO dosent get on with binoculars, she prefers a scope, last pair went missing when we cleaned out the car so i bought her a new pair for her birthday on the 14th!
Glydr

Post by Glydr »

I have binoculars, got them from a binoculars shop,
Tell you what, they saw me coming. :lol:
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Glydr wrote:I have binoculars, got them from a binoculars shop,
Tell you what, they saw me coming. :lol:
good one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice one glydr.
ROAD WARRIOR

Post by ROAD WARRIOR »

just sorting out some non food essentials today from a great army surplus store near me . i know about the be a "grey man" or woman thing but i like the german fleck camo.....so that went out the window as i got a 45ltr capacity ruck sack,30m of para cord,survival bags,swedish army meths cooker /mess tins, 3 tins of pellets,some awesome Remmington lock knives (2) as in one for her indoors.!!! :shock: and some other bits too....i was looking into a "lifesaver"make water purifier that app will do 5000 ltr of water with one filter......app the size of a lrg thermos flask ...so having one of them next trip....and crossbow pistol bolts. ive noticed vast price differences on web shops to "REAL" SHOPS BUT AM A BIT LAZY I PAY THE EXTRA TO WALK OUT WITH THE SAID BITS AS THESE PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE ABIT OF PROFIT ....PLUS THE INTERNET IS A LITTLE LIKE TESCO AND HAS KILLED ALOT OF SHOPS (in general )OFF !!! IMO anyway......